Broil King Keg Forum
October 18, 2018, 02:59:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Poll
Question: would you be intersted in a keg fest in Ontario?
YES
NO
MAYBE

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Ontario Keg fest"  (Read 22048 times)
LO_N_SLO

« on: May 07, 2015, 08:47:24 AM »

I was thinking of starting an annual Keg fest in Ontario. Thinking a good location would be in Milton heart of the golden horseshoe. Also thinking of calling the event "KEGGONTARIO". I have some contacts with OMC and would have them set up at the event to show off the new stuff they have every year. Feedback would be great before I go deep with this.
Vindii
2X Hero of the Month ~ 2X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2015, 09:02:36 AM »

Hmm...  9 hours for me.  That's closer that Alabama!

That would be great to see you organize it.  Im sure Caj would offer advice from his experience last year.

See post 18
http://smokinitforums.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=oovcf0ho0f6b61ce5v721lodo7&topic=4485.15

They are closed minded idiots (did I just say that?? YEP!) and they can't see the usefulness of other types of cookers.
bubbagump

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2015, 09:25:42 AM »

Would this be something like an over the weekend type event or more a one day at the part type?
LO_N_SLO

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2015, 10:26:19 AM »

Would this be something like an over the weekend type event or more a one day at the part type?

I am open to suggestions. I would be game for the weekend. OMC may just do the Saturday but I think that would be good. Friday Greet and meet (a few bevies) Saturday cook and Sunday breakfest pies, pack up, head home.....
Elrik
Keg Hero of the Month

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2015, 12:35:49 PM »

sounds great to me and I know we have a lot of users within a reasonable drive.
Groz

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2015, 01:22:10 PM »

Count me in. I'm always up for great food and beverages

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Focuspuller
2X Keg Hero of the Month
Superhero Member

No way...no how...

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2015, 01:38:42 PM »

Half the drive 4 me....

Do you need a passport to enter Canada from the USA?

For a ONE DAY EVENT...I'll pass not worth the cost of travel.

Two days will be better.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 12:24:07 PM by Focuspuller » Logged

KEG 4000
Broil King Imperial XL Gas
Yoder YS640/Competition Cart
billsfan
2X Keg Hero of the Month; Mexican Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

Charlotte, NC

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2015, 02:32:40 PM »

Half the drive 4 me....

Do you need a passport to enter Canada from the USA?

Yes didn't used to

Dan
Groz

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2015, 07:21:23 PM »

But Canada is the best place in the world. Let's kick off "keggontario" properly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
78 T140E

Davie, FL

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2015, 08:23:46 PM »

I live in South Florida.  I've always wanted to visit Canada, but there's no way I'd drive 1,500 miles for a one-day event.  If it were 2 or more days, I'd seriously consider it.

Walter

"If life gives you limes, make margaritas." - Jimmy Buffett
Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear. - George Orwell
Harman
2X Hero of the Month
Superhero Member

Kitchener Ontario, Home of the Keg

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2015, 01:02:30 PM »

Too far... Wink

Eccl 9:7 - So go ahead; eat your food with joy, and drink your beer with a happy heart, for God approves of this!
Broil King Keg 4000 and Sovereign 90
78 T140E

Davie, FL

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2015, 04:51:35 PM »

Too far... Wink
Too funny!  Grin Cheesy

Walter

"If life gives you limes, make margaritas." - Jimmy Buffett
Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear. - George Orwell
LO_N_SLO

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2015, 09:02:57 AM »

I would like some feedback regarding other locations besides Milton. I am open to any suggestions and will have the poll open for the next couple of weeks. If there is not enough interest then I may have to make the drive to Kegtoberfest this year.
BBQRich
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2015, 10:15:36 AM »

We would be more than happy to host a 1-day event at our offices.  Two or more would be a bit trickier... but there are several campgrounds near Onward that could work.

I would suggest that a 1-day lets us gauge interest first before expanding.  Could invite some dealers and some local restaurant presence as well - there is a strong restaurant crowd in Kitchener-Waterloo.

LO_N_SLO

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2015, 11:10:47 AM »

We would be more than happy to host a 1-day event at our offices.  Two or more would be a bit trickier... but there are several campgrounds near Onward that could work.

I would suggest that a 1-day lets us gauge interest first before expanding.  Could invite some dealers and some local restaurant presence as well - there is a strong restaurant crowd in Kitchener-Waterloo.

I agree that this year we do the 1 day thing and see what kind of turnout we get. I originally picked Milton because of it's central location for the GTA and surrounding areas, even from Barrie it is just over an hour drive. I will see what the poll says late next week and other feedback. You must work for OMC? I was going to contact a sales person through my sister who has worked customer service for many years but if your on board then it is a good start. Thanks for the input....
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: