Broil King Keg Forum
July 17, 2019, 10:05:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Poll
Question: The poll will open after the submission deadline on April 12/15.
One
Two

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: April 2015 Throwdown: Build a Better 'Big Mac': Congrats Steph!!!!  (Read 23554 times)
Shawn W
2x Hero of the Month, 5x Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

« on: March 25, 2015, 04:08:11 PM »

Congrats Steph, whopper of a Whopper!

I Got Your Whopper Right Here  18oz with cheese, lettuce, tom, onion, pickle, ketchup and mayo

Burger King Whopper.....the way it should be. Smiley

This month's throwdown subject is Build a Better 'Big Mac': Your take on the Fast Food Burger of Your Choice. As usual it's up to you what to do. You can make an exact copy if you so choose or do it completely your way.

Rules are slightly different for this TD, please review:

•   Pics are due by April 12/15 8:00PM central time
•   Voting will be from April 12/15 to April 19/15 8:00PM central time
•   Items must have been cooked between today and April 12/15 and cooked on the keg
•   3 pics will be submitted
•   1st pic on the keg
•   2nd pic will be plated
•   3rd pic is cooks choice
•   4th pic OPTIONAL  is a 'reality' pic of what you actually get when you order that burger, a link to an internet pic is fine
•   5th pic OPTIONAL is a marketing big fluffy beautiful pic of what they are selling you
•   Please provide a restaurant name, burger name and a list of standard ingredients (B, L, T, ketchup, mustard, mayo etc). This is in addition to the Dish Title. This is for the benefit of those of us who have not eaten your target sandwich.

•   Dish titles have no limits but try to keep it reasonable.  We don’t want a complete list of ingredients.  We understand you may need to list some if it is hard to see what’s inside.
•   Try to remove any distinguishable things from the pics.  Plates, buildings, counter tops, etc.

Please provide your forum user name in the email and send it to swhite2<at>gmail<dot>com

Broil King has offered this prize to the winner!!!
$50 bucks in accessories.  Take your pick:

Broil King - http://www.broilkingbbq.com/accessories/premium.html
Keg - http://www.broilkingbbq.com/grills/keg/accessories.html
GrillPro - http://www.grillpro.com/

Thanks BBQRich and Broil King!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 06:52:14 PM by Shawn W » Logged
Shawn W
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2015, 04:42:55 PM »

will not allow votes
ya, I'll unlock it when the entries are in.
BBB
2X Hero of the Month; Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

Beer and Bacon

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2015, 04:51:38 PM »

I'm super jacked... mainly because I know how pumped Shawn is about this TD. It reminds me of when I did the Ultimate TD... It was all I could think about! I'm a little confused about the rules, but will figure it out!

I GOT THIS!  Grin
Shawn W
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2015, 05:17:45 PM »

I'm super jacked... mainly because I know how pumped Shawn is about this TD. It reminds me of when I did the Ultimate TD... It was all I could think about! I'm a little confused about the rules, but will figure it out!

I GOT THIS!  Grin

eg.

McDonald's
Big Mac
beef patties, reconstituted onions, pickles, special sauce, processed cheese, lettuce

On Chrome I found the pics by searching for the <sandwich name> reality. choose Image results, open the image you like, right click choose copy image URL.

pic4

pic5

pics 4 & 5 could be a single pic if you can find it, like this:

That's what I'm getting at. Does it make sense?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 06:07:54 PM by Shawn W » Logged
Vindii
2X Hero of the Month ~ 2X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2015, 06:00:22 AM »

Whats the poll for?

See post 18
http://smokinitforums.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=oovcf0ho0f6b61ce5v721lodo7&topic=4485.15

They are closed minded idiots (did I just say that?? YEP!) and they can't see the usefulness of other types of cookers.
Steph
Hero of the Month - 4X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2015, 06:07:43 AM »

I am glad to see the 4th and 5th pic are optional. I was thinking you may get a lot of the same pics showing up if several do the same type.

Stephanie-
Steph
Hero of the Month - 4X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2015, 06:16:27 AM »

Oh and....

Stephanie-
Shawn W
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2015, 12:05:35 PM »

I am glad to see the 4th and 5th pic are optional. I was thinking you may get a lot of the same pics showing up if several do the same type.
I really liked the concept Build a Better 'Big Mac', I've struggled a bit with implementing.

I thought it would be more fun to open it up to any fast food burger, not just a Big Mac. More options. However, I've never eaten at Jack-in-the-box or Carl Jrs, White Castle for example (but you can bet I'll be checking their burgers out online for inspiration) so the idea of the extra pictures and standard ingredients description are for the benefit of anyone who has never tried the target burger to appreciate the changes made to the entry.

I'm hoping we get a good variety of entries picking on the worst offerings from multiple different fast food places.

Anyone else feel the extra pics may be redundant? It's not too late to change the TD.

Shawn W
Superhero Member

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2015, 04:55:51 PM »

Here's a ranking from Consumer Reports 6 months ago if you want to check different websites for inspiration.

Shawn W
Superhero Member

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2015, 08:33:21 PM »

...Anyone else feel the extra pics may be redundant? It's not too late to change the TD.
Going twice .... don't be shy, it's not my throwdown it's ours  Smiley
heavychevy
Throwdown Champion

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2015, 11:56:15 AM »

Going twice .... don't be shy, it's not my throwdown it's ours  Smiley
Is this supposed to be a look alike contest or are the votes based on whatever looks the best to the voter?

You can't drink all day if you don't start early...
Shawn W
Superhero Member

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2015, 01:50:19 PM »

Is this supposed to be a look alike contest or are the votes based on whatever looks the best to the voter?
Sorry if I wasn't. Clear pick a fast food burger of your choice and make it your way. make a copy if you like, make your burger with salmon patties if you like.  wide open, up to the judges. Initially I thought about adding some rules like 'only add up to two ingredients' but decided against it. i 'spose it should somewhat resemble the sandwich or be similar in some way but up to you. let's pick on ff for the stuff they squash, over/under cook, throw together then charge too much that barely resembles what they advertise.
heavychevy
Throwdown Champion

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2015, 02:41:48 PM »

ok, I thought so but the part about including the restaurants picture confused me a little. just wanted to make sure its based on stand alone appearance not closed resembling to the original. thanks. this is going to be a great throw down.

You can't drink all day if you don't start early...
Regular Guy
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2015, 03:53:06 PM »

It will be fun as always to see what our keggers do with this! Gonna be good! Steph may have this one won though, y'all just may want to go ahead and concede defeat Tongue
Vindii
2X Hero of the Month ~ 2X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2015, 10:43:13 AM »

It will be fun as always to see what our keggers do with this! Gonna be good! Steph may have this one won though, y'all just may want to go ahead and concede defeat Tongue

I might need to get in this one now.  Gauntlet!   Grin Grin

See post 18
http://smokinitforums.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=oovcf0ho0f6b61ce5v721lodo7&topic=4485.15

They are closed minded idiots (did I just say that?? YEP!) and they can't see the usefulness of other types of cookers.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: