Broil King Keg Forum
January 18, 2018, 03:03:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tapatalk wows  (Read 22165 times)
Vindii
2X Hero of the Month ~ 2X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2015, 01:34:59 PM »

Anyone need a link to that, please let me know.

Or use the one you posted two posts up?   Grin Grin

See post 18
http://smokinitforums.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=oovcf0ho0f6b61ce5v721lodo7&topic=4485.15

They are closed minded idiots (did I just say that?? YEP!) and they can't see the usefulness of other types of cookers.
Focuspuller
2X Keg Hero of the Month
Superhero Member

« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2015, 01:37:27 PM »

Or use the one you posted two posts up?   Grin Grin

Yes...some people don't look back...so I offered some help  Wink

KEG 4000
Broil King Imperial XL Gas
Yoder YS640/Competition Cart
Vindii
2X Hero of the Month ~ 2X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2015, 01:55:35 PM »

Yes...some people don't look back...so I offered some help  Wink

Grin

See post 18
http://smokinitforums.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=oovcf0ho0f6b61ce5v721lodo7&topic=4485.15

They are closed minded idiots (did I just say that?? YEP!) and they can't see the usefulness of other types of cookers.
78 T140E

Davie, FL

« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2015, 09:05:58 PM »

I just installed the latest update made available by the Google store - it's v4.12.1 on my Google Nexus 7 tablet.  What a disappointment - still NO "New Topic" option in the drop-down menu.  Sad  But, it did fix something - I now DO get a "New Topic" option in the other 2 forums that I follow.  Maybe it's a problem with our forum's old software.

I guess I'll install Focuspuller's v4.9.5 and go with that.  Thanks Focuspuller!  Smiley

Walter

"If life gives you limes, make margaritas." - Jimmy Buffett
Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear. - George Orwell
Focuspuller
2X Keg Hero of the Month
Superhero Member

« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2015, 09:34:03 PM »

Thanks Focuspuller!  Smiley

You're welcome.

KEG 4000
bel4_20
Superhero Member

« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2015, 07:35:23 AM »

I just installed the latest update made available by the Google store - it's v4.12.1 on my Google Nexus 7 tablet.  What a disappointment - still NO "New Topic" option in the drop-down menu.  Sad  But, it did fix something - I now DO get a "New Topic" option in the other 2 forums that I follow.  Maybe it's a problem with our forum's old software.

I guess I'll install Focuspuller's v4.9.5 and go with that.  Thanks Focuspuller!  Smiley

78 T140E I hope you can follow up with your contact from Tapatalk.

Here's to alcohol: The source of, and answer to, all of life's problems. --Homer Simpson
78 T140E

Davie, FL

« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2015, 04:20:54 PM »

Bel4_20, I have done that but I don't have much hope that Tapatalk can fix it.  The fact that the Big Steel Keg Forum is the only forum that I follow that has this "No New Topic" option leads me to believe that the problem may be with the old forum software used by the forum owner.  And, from what I've seen it works fine on an iPhone or iPad, so it may also be an Android only problem.  I don't recall seeing anything from other phone OS users about this problem.

We should just go back a few versions and use the fix suggested by Focuspuller - it works.  That's what I've done.

Walter

Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear. - George Orwell
Steph
Hero of the Month - 4X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2015, 05:39:08 AM »

This isn't a Tapatalk woe but I thought I would post it here. I'm not sure if this is relevant to everyone but on TT I can't see pinned post but I found a trick that will let me see them. I go to the section the post would be in then I double tap the refresh and it shows up. Sometimes it takes a couple of times.

Stephanie-
78 T140E

Davie, FL

« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2015, 09:45:23 AM »

On Sun, Mar 29 I sent the following to my contact at Tapatalk:
Hello Mr. Wong,

I just installed the latest update made available by the Google store - it's v4.12.1 on my Google Nexus 7 tablet.  What a disappointment - still NO "New Topic" option in the drop-down menu in the Big Steel Keg Forum.   Sad  What I see is exactly the same as shown in the pics I sent to you on Mar 19.

But, it did fix something - I now DO get a "New Topic" option in the other 2 forums that I follow (Smoked-Meat & Genesis Owners Group).

I have since uninstalled the new version (v4.12.1) and installed an older version (v4.9.5) of Tapatalk that was made available to me by another forum member.  The older v4.9.5 works just fine and has a functioning "New Topic" option.  The user interface is a little different, but it works!

Thanks for your help!

Mr. Wong's reply to me yesterday, Mar 30 was:
Walter,

Our apologies - we missed this specific case and will include it in next update which should be available in 2-3 days.

I have no idea what he means by "this specific case".  Just have to wait for this next update to see if they fix our problem.

Walter

bel4_20
Superhero Member

« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2015, 02:06:54 PM »

Awesome! Lets hope he gets it this time i'm looking forward to it! Then we can work on getting someone to update this forum to the latest and greatest version!

Here's to alcohol: The source of, and answer to, all of life's problems. --Homer Simpson
Focuspuller
2X Keg Hero of the Month
Superhero Member

« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2015, 02:14:48 PM »

Mr. Wong was not right twice....

So two wongs don't make a right.....but three lefts do!  Roll Eyes

KEG 4000
78 T140E

Davie, FL

« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2015, 07:21:28 AM »

Mr. Wong was not right twice....

So two wongs don't make a right.....but three lefts do!  Roll Eyes

Grin Cheesy

Walter

bel4_20
Superhero Member

« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2015, 03:03:27 PM »

I'll have everyone know I just took the tapatalk  update 4.12.2 and looks like they finally fixed it i now have the "new topic" button! So thanks everyone who helped out with this issue. Now let's see if we can get the forums updated to the latest and greatest version!

78 T140E

Davie, FL

Re:
« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2015, 04:24:51 PM »

I have also installed the newest Tapatalk - v4.12.2.  It appears to be working - at least I have a "New Topic" option in the drop down menu.  I haven't actually tried it yet though.

One additional note: I had v4.9.5 that Focuspuller made available installed on my Nexus 7 tablet.  I had to remove this version before I could install the newest Tapatalk.

Walter

Focuspuller
2X Keg Hero of the Month
Superhero Member

Re:
« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2015, 06:55:40 PM »

I have also installed the newest Tapatalk - v4.12.2.  It appears to be working - at least I have a "New Topic" option in the drop down menu.  I haven't actually tried it yet though.

One additional note: I had v4.9.5 that Focuspuller made available installed on my Nexus 7 tablet.  I had to remove this version before I could install the newest Tapatalk.

That's because the version I posted is not upgradable.  You won't get a notice from the "Play Store" to upgrade either.
Remove then reboot phone and install whatever version up want.

KEG 4000
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: