Broil King Keg Forum
January 18, 2018, 03:02:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tapatalk wows  (Read 22164 times)
Vindii
2X Hero of the Month ~ 2X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2015, 10:58:01 AM »

I would suspect there have not been any updates to the forum software in a long time.  Just a guess though.

See post 18
http://smokinitforums.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=oovcf0ho0f6b61ce5v721lodo7&topic=4485.15

They are closed minded idiots (did I just say that?? YEP!) and they can't see the usefulness of other types of cookers.
billsfan
2X Keg Hero of the Month; Mexican Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

Charlotte, NC

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2015, 01:21:28 PM »

Bel4_20

I have Tapatalk on my iPhone but don't use it much. If I gp to thr forum main menu and go into a topic such as What's cooking I can start a new topic by touching the 3 dots on the right at the top

Dan
Steph
Hero of the Month - 4X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2015, 01:40:32 PM »

Bel, I thought you got a different version that worked for you. I went back to the older version and have no trouble posting new topics.

Stephanie-
bel4_20
Superhero Member

Re:
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2015, 02:02:04 PM »

I did have an older version but it will no longer let me post from it as they want you to upgrade to the newest. Billsfan as far as Apple  products I guess they do must be an android issue.

Here's to alcohol: The source of, and answer to, all of life's problems. --Homer Simpson
bkk bob
Superhero Member

S.W. Manitoba, Canada

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2015, 05:45:24 PM »

New version works 100 % for me any way ,and i am big time challenged.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Focuspuller
2X Keg Hero of the Month
Superhero Member

« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2015, 06:49:39 PM »

I found a way to revert to the older TAPATALK that won't ask to update.

First uninstall the current version of TAPATALK on your phone.

Text the link below to your ANDROID phone and then download and install on phone.

Here's a copy of 4.9.5 signed with testkeys, this prevents the Play Store from attempting to update it. Hope this is helpful

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2lpl0NSsJ0kdDJsXzhVMmZNMG8/view?pli=1

KEG 4000
Broil King Imperial XL Gas
Yoder YS640/Competition Cart
bel4_20
Superhero Member

Re:
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2015, 01:04:06 PM »

Focuspuller, thank you!  this seems to work. Still in the end the app should be fixed.

Thanks again!

Here's to alcohol: The source of, and answer to, all of life's problems. --Homer Simpson
Shawn W
2x Hero of the Month, 5x Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2015, 10:43:09 AM »

I would suspect there have not been any updates to the forum software in a long time.  Just a guess though.
I think that's pretty likely. Whoever admins this SMF forum will probably have to fix it. I finally tried Tapatalk last night, first the new version then the one from the link posted in this thread. I wonder if Rich has seen this thread. I'm going to send it to him just in case.

I quite like the new Tapatalk but like others found I couldn't post a new thread.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 12:16:23 AM by Shawn W » Logged
BBQRich
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2015, 10:55:39 AM »

This is well over my head.  Asking our IT guys to take a stab at it.

Thx.

Shawn W
Superhero Member

« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2015, 04:48:56 PM »

Thanks Rich!

I would suspect there have not been any updates to the forum software in a long time.  Just a guess though.
There have been 12 SMF production release versions since this board's version 1.1.18  Shocked

http://www.simplemachines.org/
78 T140E

Davie, FL

« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2015, 11:18:11 AM »

Like several folks here I have had trouble with the new version of Tapatalk (v4.11.6) - there is no "New Topic" option.  I have a Nexus 7 tablet that runs Android v5.0.2.  I do not get a "New Topic" option in any of the 3 forums I follow.  I decided to send a message to the developer about my problem.

To make this story a little shorter, I wound up exchanging emails with a Mr. Wong at Tapatalk.  I included some screenshots from my Nexus 7 to help illustrate what I  saw on my Nexus 7.  Mr. Wong said that the screenshots helped.  It is definitely a problem on Android devices - he sent me some screenshots showing the "New Topic" icon on an iPhone.

My last message from him was early this morning and he said "We found the root cause of this issue and will have an update to address this shortly, stay tuned."

Walter

"If life gives you limes, make margaritas." - Jimmy Buffett
Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear. - George Orwell
Focuspuller
2X Keg Hero of the Month
Superhero Member

« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2015, 12:03:11 PM »

Like several folks here I have had trouble with the new version of Tapatalk (v4.11.6) - there is no "New Topic" option.  I have a Nexus 7 tablet that runs Android v5.0.2.  I do not get a "New Topic" option in any of the 3 forums I follow.  I decided to send a message to the developer about my problem.

To make this story a little shorter, I wound up exchanging emails with a Mr. Wong at Tapatalk.  I included some screenshots from my Nexus 7 to help illustrate what I  saw on my Nexus 7.  Mr. Wong said that the screenshots helped.  It is definitely a problem on Android devices - he sent me some screenshots showing the "New Topic" icon on an iPhone.

My last message from him was early this morning and he said "We found the root cause of this issue and will have an update to address this shortly, stay tuned."

Use this as a work around until the fix.

I found a way to revert to the older TAPATALK that won't ask to update.

First uninstall the current version of TAPATALK on your phone.

Text the link below to your ANDROID phone and then download and install on phone.

Here's a copy of 4.9.5 signed with testkeys, this prevents the Play Store from attempting to update it. Hope this is helpful

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2lpl0NSsJ0kdDJsXzhVMmZNMG8/view?pli=1

KEG 4000
bel4_20
Superhero Member

« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2015, 01:56:21 PM »

Well that is phenomenal news!! fingers crossed here. Iv sent them emails all to come back with generic answers.Good thinking on the screen shots! This way they see that there was no "New Topic" option. In the meantime i have Focuspuller's work around. Thanks everyone for helping out on this.

Shawn W
Superhero Member

« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2015, 12:56:59 PM »

I found Tapatalk updated in the play store as of yesterday. Jut installed it, still no New Thread functionality that I could find.
Focuspuller
2X Keg Hero of the Month
Superhero Member

« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2015, 01:32:26 PM »

I'll stick with my non-updateable old version till we get a full fix.

Anyone need a link to that, please let me know.

KEG 4000
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: