Broil King Keg Forum
November 17, 2019, 05:33:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chocolate Chip Cookies  (Read 1049 times)
Regular Guy
« on: December 11, 2014, 04:30:36 PM »

Not cooked on the keg but my goodness are these things good. I have been on a tear lately making variants of these cookies as well as some peanut butter cookies. I've been giving them away, who doesn't love a good chocolate chip cookie? Especially with Santa showing up soon Wink

This batch is going to the boys down at my local plumbing supply as a little thank you. I am sure they'll enjoy them. I made a batch of cookies last night for my daughter to take to her teachers, she said one of her teachers was so happy that he hugged her up. She could tell it meant a lot to him. THAT'S what Christmas is about folks. Makes you feel all warm and fuzzy don't it? LOL

The smell in the house is AMAZING!
Vindii
2X Hero of the Month ~ 2X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2014, 05:40:06 PM »

Look great! Whats the best recipe after all the testing?

See post 18
http://smokinitforums.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=oovcf0ho0f6b61ce5v721lodo7&topic=4485.15

They are closed minded idiots (did I just say that?? YEP!) and they can't see the usefulness of other types of cookers.
bamabob
2X Hero of the Month ~ 3X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

my dog can't hold her licker

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2014, 05:51:03 PM »

Share the joy!!
those look good enough to bite my monitor

Sometimes you have to go in a circle to reach your destination.
Regular Guy
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2014, 06:15:42 PM »

Look great! Whats the best recipe after all the testing?
Well, that's like choosing my favorite kid, lol. I've liked them all but I think the ones I made last night were great. I used 50% milk chocolate chips, 50% semi sweet chocolate chips and about 1/2 cup of slivered almonds. They were VERY good. The first batch of cookies I made a week ago I used chocolate chunks instead of chips and added chopped pecans to those, again those were VERY good, lol. Really, I would be happy with any of the batches I made (all 132 cookies) as long as I have a glass of cold milk to wash a few of them down  Grin
Smokin in Peosta
2X Hero of the Month; 3X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

Smokem if youv'e got them

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2014, 08:05:39 PM »

One pile and a quart of milk please

Mike
Sonny
2X Keg Hero Of The Month - Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

Maple, ON

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2014, 05:50:54 AM »

I cooked a batch of scones on the keg and another in the oven.  The kegged scones were more moist.

Think Big, Start Small, Fail Fast, Learn Always
Regular Guy
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2014, 07:43:04 AM »

Yeah, I don't know about cookies on the keg when it's chilly outside. The kitchen was nice and warm and it made the house smell like the Keebler Elves had done a B&E and started cooking up a storm.
Sonny
2X Keg Hero Of The Month - Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

Maple, ON

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2014, 07:01:49 AM »

Speaking of elves... That video Steph made of you guys is fun-ny.

Think Big, Start Small, Fail Fast, Learn Always
bkk bob
Superhero Member

S.W. Manitoba, Canada

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2014, 03:39:32 PM »

RG which cook book is it, when i went searching it they had a couple different ones to pick from....bob
Regular Guy
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2014, 04:06:04 PM »

It's this one, it is AWESOME!! Thanks to my buddies Bamabob and Bamapat for this book, I have tons of recipes to keep me busy!

http://www.amazon.com/King-Arthur-Flour-Bakers-Companion/dp/158157178X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1418684671&sr=8-1&keywords=king+arthur+cook+book
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 05:17:08 PM by RG » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: