Broil King Keg Forum
February 18, 2018, 03:16:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Broil King Keg Grilling Steel!  (Read 83424 times)
averagejoe

« Reply #165 on: July 14, 2015, 10:41:43 PM »

FYI - sold out on these guys.  Might try it again next year if there's enough interest.

In the interim, our rectangular grilling steel - Broil King # 69160 is equally badass, though not round.

Well darn. I am quite happy with mine and glad I was able to get one. Hopefully more can be made up eventually.
bamabob
2X Hero of the Month ~ 3X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

my dog can't hold her licker

« Reply #166 on: July 17, 2015, 02:57:36 PM »

I think the grilling steel brings a whole new dimension to the keg.  I've fried bologna & eggs on it, it's fantastic for diner style burgers, searing and we've see lots of creative cooks on it here.
Would be good to see it as a catalog accessory to the keg. 

Sometimes you have to go in a circle to reach your destination.
SmallBBQr

« Reply #167 on: July 17, 2015, 03:56:09 PM »

I purchased mine before the Broil King forum buy was available (so I paid a lot more), but if you want one, you can get one here:

http://www.bakingsteel.com/shop

Kick Ash Divide & Conquer Kegger
averagejoe

« Reply #168 on: July 17, 2015, 08:17:07 PM »

I purchased mine before the Broil King forum buy was available (so I paid a lot more), but if you want one, you can get one here:

http://www.bakingsteel.com/shop

Unfortunately shipping is KILLER ($50 for the 15" plate) from them if you live in Canada. The keg plate was just over $70 CDN shipped to me, from them it would be almost $170 CDN. Sad
SmallBBQr

« Reply #169 on: July 17, 2015, 08:26:10 PM »

Unfortunately shipping is KILLER ($50 for the 15" plate) from them if you live in Canada. The keg plate was just over $70 CDN shipped to me, from them it would be almost $170 CDN. Sad

Yup....that's why I said "I paid a lot more".  Though at the time I ordered it, it arrived here around $145.  It was cheaper and the exchange rate was at par.

If you are in the U.S. you get free or low cost shipping.  Sucks moving things to Canada most times....

Kick Ash Divide & Conquer Kegger
Regular Guy
« Reply #170 on: November 20, 2015, 05:14:52 AM »

I am blown away how much shipping from US to Canada is!! I get that it's "international" but come on man!! It's the same damn continent! Is that REALLY international? Is it the same shipping from Canada to the US?
BBQRich
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #171 on: November 20, 2015, 01:05:35 PM »

All I know is I managed to overnight two pallets with four assembled BBQ's to San Jose from Kitchener for a shade over $4k.  And then I threw up.

bel4_20
Superhero Member

« Reply #172 on: November 20, 2015, 03:50:12 PM »

All I know is I managed to overnight two pallets with four assembled BBQ's to San Jose from Kitchener for a shade over $4k.  And then I threw up.

The min you want to ship anything with weight to it your pretty much screwed.

Here's to alcohol: The source of, and answer to, all of life's problems. --Homer Simpson
BBQRich
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #173 on: November 23, 2015, 06:59:02 AM »

FedEx International Priority Freight is remarkably effective and has never let me down.  On the other hand, it costs a bloody fortune.

Haven't had to overnight BBQ boxes to China for a few years - I never did see those bills, but it was not a small number.

Regular Guy
« Reply #174 on: November 23, 2015, 02:14:00 PM »

Great Scott!! WOW!! I will not ever complain about shipping here in the US then Tongue
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: