Broil King Keg Forum
October 18, 2018, 03:30:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Kegtoberfest 2014" Pictures and Comments From a Fantastic Weekend  (Read 52545 times)
Cajunate
4X Keg Hero of the Month - 4X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

Metairie, Louisiana

« on: October 28, 2014, 08:08:39 AM »

Everyone that attended Kegtoberfest 2014, let's try to post all of the pictures taken and share them here on this thread. If one of the Moderators could sticky this at the top here under Keg Events that would be great.
If you've already posted pictures under the other thread maybe whoever posted them can copy and paste them here as well.

I know there were a LOT of pictures taken and that's why this thread was created.

Thanks again to all who attended, especially Broil King and to all who contributed to get those very special gifts I was presented with on Saturday night. That totally caught me off guard and again I thank you all!!!!!
Broil King, Rich and Taylor, thank you for the new Keg and all of the accessories as well. I love everything but mostly I love and am glad that we were able to pull off this event with if I remember correctly no issues in any way. Accomodations, the locatioon(and the area we had it), the weather and especially the people were all great and every one of you that came out and participated made the event the very special weekend it turned out to be. I know there is a competing kamado grill company that has similar events like we had but I can say without a doubt that I bet they would be hard pressed to be able to even think about having what we all experienced this past weekend.

I will add this, after meeting all of you and spending time with all of you I no longer consider you to be simply forum members. You ALL are now extended members of my family. I will honestly say that a few names escape me at the moment but below are some that I remember.

Rich(of course)
Taylor(Gotta love that guy!)
Bob(bamabob)
Pat(Bob's wife)
Larry(focuspuller)
Rene(Larry's daughter)
Jeff(Larry's nephew)
Steph(Steph)
Jason(RG)
Dan(billsfan)
Georgia(Mrs. billsfan)
Chris(Dan's son) BTW, Dan please pass on a big thank you to Chris for me. He helped out a bunch!)
Alex(Vindi)AWESOME brisket !!!!!!
Darren(The unknown Keg owner. Lol......)
Corey(Yanknrebel)Great comp. meats and breakfast cook!
Mary(Corey's wife)
Adam(Corey's son-in-law)
Amanda(Adams wife)

We had more which were all locals that came out and enjoyed and contributed some stuff like Glenn(owner of Crusty Butts & Bones BBQ and Dipping Sauce. Buck who brought the rattlesnake and others that helped to make it a memorable weekend.

"Good grillin' is like good lovin' "
  Just outside of New Orleans
Steph
Hero of the Month - 4X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2014, 09:14:30 AM »

Here is our contribution on pics. There are some pics I wish I would have gotten but after a few too many wobbly pops I was like "what's a camera?"  Grin

Caj's sausage. Yeah, pretty impressive huh?

Rich tending to Caj's sausage.

Pat and Larry

Our view

My buddy/long lost son Taylor in the plaid. Dan's son Chris in the blue. Both great guys.

The gang. Dan's too cute for words wife with her back to me.

Larry's awesome scallops

Larry wondering "how do I get out of this cockamamie situation?"

A little guy talk. Dan, Jason and Caj.

Now, what did Mrs. Bama do that made Caj wanna throw knives at her?

Alex making his dough.

Dan and his famous sausage.

Here's my butt. Nice, eh?

Love this pic.

Caj about to row some Jambalaya.

Some of Dan's awesome chicken

Caj and his oysters. He was just trying to get us all in the mood.

Stew and butt

Welcoming committee

Talk to the hand

Rich trying to figure out how to work the tongs.

Our lovely abode

The banner we had made. Nice surprise, huh, Caj?

Corey making us brekkie on our last morning. I'm wondering how this man got up at the crack of dawn to make us all breakfast while being slightly inebriated the night before and going to bed around 2am. When I say slighty, I mean four to the floor. Love ya, Corey. Grin

"What? It's all ova?"

Stephanie-
Cajunate
Superhero Member

Metairie, Louisiana

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2014, 09:56:44 AM »

As it would happen this way. On my drive home yesterday morning when the fog finally lifted I noticed more color from the changing of leaves. Yesterday Darren sent me this picture of a tree on Stone mountain near his office.

Cajunate
Superhero Member

Metairie, Louisiana

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2014, 04:10:24 PM »

Oh yeah, late Sunday afternoon a couple checked into lodge #1 and we were outside talking to trhem and the guy mentioned that it was his birthday. So I went inside and cut them a big chunk of cake that was left and gave it to him and told him Happy Birthday. He was genuinely excited. Lol.....

Steph
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2014, 04:20:48 PM »

Awe, that was super nice of you. Hey, that was Vindii's room. I hope he didn't leave anything "behind". Lol...........

Stephanie-
Focuspuller
2X Keg Hero of the Month
Superhero Member

No way...no how...

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2014, 04:25:45 PM »

When we arrived, the local Scottsboro, Goose Pond natives greeted us with jumping joy...

A favorite desert at all our meals was my "Fireball Whiskey Cinnamon Pumpkin Pie"....the reason it was a "FAVORITE" is because it was the only desert. Cheesy

Here is the recipe for those that would like more of what they had at Kegtoberfest or for those that want to taste a part of what they missed.

Cinnamon Whiskey Pumpkin Pie Recipe

This recipe is copied from http://bbqpitboys.com/recipes/fireball-cinnamon-whiskey-pumpkin-pie#   and modified slightly.

The ingredients you'll need:
Frozen Pie Crusts – 2 (9” each or make your own )  (I use pre-made 10" Graham Cracker Pie Crust)

Pie Filling:
    Pure Pumpkin – 1 can, 30 oz.  (do not use PIE FILING MIX)
    Evaporated Milk – 1 ½ cans, 18 oz.
    Eggs – 4 Large or Jumbo
    Sugar – 1 ½ cups
    Kosher Salt – 1 teaspoon
    Ground Ginger – 1 teaspoon
    Ground Cloves – ½ teaspoon
    Fireball Cinnamon Whiskey – 6 oz.

FOR SERVING
    Whipped Cream

Directions:
"And it's real easy to do!"

GETTING READY
1. Preheat oven to 425°
Pie Filling:
2. Crack eggs and put in a mixing bowl.
3. Whisk and combine sugar, salt, ground ginger, ground cloves, pure pumpkin, evaporated milk, and cinnamon whiskey.
4. Thoroughly mix ingredients.
5. Pour mixture to the top of each pie crust.
MAKING
6. Place Pies on cookie sheet
7. Place cookie sheet with pies in oven
8. Cook for 15 minutes and reduce heat to 350°
9. After an additional 35 minutes, place a toothpick into center of each pie and remove. If they come out clean, pies are done. If the pie sticks to toothpick they are not done. Continue cooking until you get a clean toothpick.    If you don’t have a toothpick, you can use a knife blade in center of pie
FINALIZING
10. Set pies on cooling rack to cool down.
11. When cool, about 2 hours, place in refrigerator and chill.

SERVING
12. Slice
13. Top with whipped cream.
14. Sit back, relax, and enjoy!  

While there was PLENTY of BEER, I felt we needed some sipping drinks while waiting for our foods to cook.

Here is a photo of my "Libation Station" entries as I chilled them well in my freezer before presenting them in my cooler.

As we left on Sunday the locals were there to say good-bye to us.

A great time was had by all....WHAT A KEGTOBERFEST!!!  And the one person that pulled it off without a hitch is Cajunate.  He did not leave out one detail to make this event enjoyable for us all, [he even arranged great weather  Wink ]
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 08:52:22 PM by Focuspuller » Logged

KEG 4000
Broil King Imperial XL Gas
Yoder YS640/Competition Cart
Cajunate
Superhero Member

Metairie, Louisiana

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2014, 04:31:37 PM »

Awe, that was super nice of you. Hey, that was Vindii's room. I hope he didn't leave anything "behind". Lol...........

They did ask if there was a cowgirl stripper staying there the night before.  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Steph
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2014, 04:36:56 PM »

They did ask if there was a cowgirl stripper staying there the night before.  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Stephanie-
Regular Guy
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2014, 04:37:15 PM »

They found the assless chaps! Maybe they can do a little role playing and put them to use Cheesy
billsfan
2X Keg Hero of the Month; Mexican Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

Charlotte, NC

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2014, 04:43:21 PM »

Here's a few from Friday

Here's a few from Saturday

Vindii's (Alex) Brisket. It was the best brisket I ever had. My son said "dad it's not the same as the last one you did"  Grin

Money Muscle - Alex

Here's his deep dish pie going on.

Char Grilled Oysters by Cajanate (Nathan). I've been asked to put those shells on my Christmas list but I don't think I can wait that long  Wink

Nathan starting the jambalaya

The pie

The jamabalya

I did a couple chickens for something "light"

The event host

Dan
Cajunate
Superhero Member

Metairie, Louisiana

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2014, 04:44:48 PM »

Larry, I want you to know that Kegtoberfest 2014 wouldn't have been what it was without any of those that came out but especially you. You helped out a ton and the "Liabation Station" was one of the highlights that made the weekend so enjoyable. Especially the Wild Turkey Rare Breed. Now I need to get a bottle to enjoy myself on occaision.  Grin

Oh, and I WILL be making some of those pies. Maybe with one of those pumpkins I brought there for use as decoration.

Focuspuller
2X Keg Hero of the Month
Superhero Member

No way...no how...

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2014, 04:54:29 PM »

Larry, I want you to know that Kegtoberfest 2014 wouldn't have been what it was without any of those that came out but especially you. You helped out a ton and the "Libation Station" was one of the highlights that made the weekend so enjoyable. Especially the Wild Turkey Rare Breed. Now I need to get a bottle to enjoy myself on occasion.  Grin

Oh, and I WILL be making some of those pies. Maybe with one of those pumpkins I brought there for use as decoration.

Thanks....

The Glenlivet 18 Year Old you seemed to enjoy also Cheesy

KEG 4000
Focuspuller
2X Keg Hero of the Month
Superhero Member

No way...no how...

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2014, 05:02:58 PM »

I am sure you noticed from the pictures that some of us had black Kegtoberfest T-Shirts.

These were the unofficial - OFFICIAL T-Shirt of Steph's PINK KEG.

Please let OMC know that not only Steph wants a PINK KEG, but, many of us do as well.

A Special Edition Keg labeled X of XXXX, for sale in October with a portion of the profits going to Breast Cancer Research.

KEG 4000
Regular Guy
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2014, 05:06:14 PM »

It's a great idea for a great cause!
Steph
Superhero Member

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2014, 05:17:20 PM »

You know what? I think this should be a bi-annual event. What y'all think? Grin Grin

Stephanie-
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: