Broil King Keg Forum
July 20, 2018, 10:53:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ***NEW*** Keg 5000  (Read 102775 times)
Regular Guy
« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2014, 05:51:14 PM »

If they devise a way to allow the use of an ATC then I'm cool with the design change. I like the idea of easy ash removal I must admit. Time will surely tell. I actually think I know how it could be done Wink
Vindii
2X Hero of the Month ~ 2X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

« Reply #46 on: October 27, 2014, 07:33:00 PM »

The weber adaptor for the IQ would likely fit over the new vent. Not sure if auber makes a weber adaptor?

See post 18
http://smokinitforums.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=oovcf0ho0f6b61ce5v721lodo7&topic=4485.15

They are closed minded idiots (did I just say that?? YEP!) and they can't see the usefulness of other types of cookers.
Shawn W
2x Hero of the Month, 5x Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

« Reply #47 on: October 28, 2014, 02:17:37 PM »

how the heck did I miss that!! link is dead now
Bluther2

« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2014, 09:56:28 PM »

http://www.amazon.ca/Broil-King-911470-Charcoal-Metallic/dp/B00OMWWP1O

http://www.barbecuesgalore.ca/product/broil-king-keg-5000-charcoal-barbecue/

http://www.taappliance.com/en/catalog/product/234633-Broil%20King-KEG-5000-911470

Shocked sorry if these have already been posted
Yanknrebel
Chicken Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

You want sauce on that??? --Atoka TN

« Reply #49 on: December 04, 2014, 08:32:24 AM »

I want to know more about that cabinet!

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson
Vindii
2X Hero of the Month ~ 2X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

« Reply #50 on: December 04, 2014, 09:07:55 AM »

The cabinets look pretty sweet!  IU'll check one of the catalog I have at home to see if theres a picture of the inside. 

See post 18
http://smokinitforums.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=oovcf0ho0f6b61ce5v721lodo7&topic=4485.15

They are closed minded idiots (did I just say that?? YEP!) and they can't see the usefulness of other types of cookers.
SmallBBQr

« Reply #51 on: December 04, 2014, 11:58:25 AM »

I am a little worried that the new roto damper in the bottom will not offer granular enough control for low/slows.  With the current vent, I adjust right down to the smallest corner of the triangle shape...basically creating an intake hole with about a 1/8" diameter or so.

Are there any more close-up pictures of the roto vent shape etc?  If it is like the TOP vent, where all the vents close equally, getting a nice/small opening could be challenging.

The vent change puts us in a better position for patent defense should that ever come up.
The drawer certainly differentitates against other ceramic kamados.

Not so much.... http://www.visiongrills.com/grills/professional-c-series/

Funny thing is one of the reasons I SOLD my Visions kamado when I found my Keg for sale was that the ash drawer leaked too much air, even after lots of sealing attempts.  Hope they took great care to make this air-tight.  If you have to do all sorts of modifications out of the box, could be "image" issues for use as a smoker.

Though I guess at $1100...I won't be getting one of these any time soon so I should stop worrying I guess.   Sad

Kick Ash Divide & Conquer Kegger
Caveman
Hero of The Month

« Reply #52 on: March 26, 2015, 06:56:00 AM »

After being told that my Keg5000 is backordered until mid-April, I learned that mister delivery man attempted to deliver the beast on Tuesday when I was at work…So I rescheduled a 2nd delivery for tomorrow…can't wait! I will do my best to post some pictures over the weekend! Cheers! Grin
Creature
Keg Hero of the Month
Superhero Member

Vancouver, BC

« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2015, 12:10:43 PM »

After being told that my Keg5000 is backordered until mid-April, I learned that mister delivery man attempted to deliver the beast on Tuesday when I was at work…So I rescheduled a 2nd delivery for tomorrow…can't wait! I will do my best to post some pictures over the weekend! Cheers! Grin

Cool!  Curious to know how good the air sealing/control is on it.
Caveman
Hero of The Month

« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2015, 01:12:43 PM »

BTW, OMC updated their website and finaly has the Keg5000 up there...

http://www.broilkingbbq.com/grills.php?series=9&model_id=91147

They kept the Keg2000 but no more info on the Keg4000.
K'man
Superhero Member

Newfoundland

« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2015, 07:02:40 PM »

I'm thinking I might like that table for my 2000 even if it is expensive.

I see the 4000 is on discount at Home Hardware $699.00  I guess they are trying to make room for the 5000.

So many recipes, so little time.
BSK 5000, TTT,  Maverick 732,
Thermapen, Maverick laser.
K'man
Superhero Member

Newfoundland

« Reply #56 on: March 26, 2015, 07:08:33 PM »

Funny thing is one of the reasons I SOLD my Visions kamado when I found my Keg for sale was that the ash drawer leaked too much air, even after lots of sealing attempts.  Hope they took great care to make this air-tight.  If you have to do all sorts of modifications out of the box, could be "image" issues for use as a smoker.

Vision had lots of problems with that model.  I looked at it before the Keg and the letter slot for an electric heater was trouble right from the get go too.  They also replaced a lot of fire boxes.  I see CTC is not carrying them this year.  Not surprised.

There is nothing simpler than the slide system.  I burn so little charcoal I don't find cleaning out the Keg to be any issue.  I'm looking forward to seeing one.

Focuspuller
2X Keg Hero of the Month
Superhero Member

No way...no how...

« Reply #57 on: April 01, 2015, 05:19:05 PM »

I can "BEARLY" wait for my new KEG (not Focuspuller....the one in the picture below  Cheesy)

KEG 4000
Broil King Imperial XL Gas
Yoder YS640/Competition Cart
ModernMan

« Reply #58 on: May 28, 2015, 05:50:27 AM »

Hello keggers,

Longtime lurker on this informative and helpful site.
Don't have a keg now but contemplating on getting the 5000.
To date, in 40+ yrs of outdoor grilling, I've gone bck n forth beteeen various gas and charcoal grills but never have tried smokers.
I live in Laval, just north of Montreal, Que.

Q/ Has anyone been able to objectively verify whether some of the air leakage concerns expressed re. the new bottom drawer design, are in fact warranted ... or is it pretty well designed and sealed air tight after all?  Will it need some extra high heat siliconing before 1st usr or not?

Many thanks!
ModernMan

K'man
Superhero Member

Newfoundland

« Reply #59 on: May 28, 2015, 05:21:36 PM »

Hello keggers,

Longtime lurker on this informative and helpful site.
Don't have a keg now but contemplating on getting the 5000.
To date, in 40+ yrs of outdoor grilling, I've gone bck n forth beteeen various gas and charcoal grills but never have tried smokers.
I live in Laval, just north of Montreal, Que.

Q/ Has anyone been able to objectively verify whether some of the air leakage concerns expressed re. the new bottom drawer design, are in fact warranted ... or is it pretty well designed and sealed air tight after all?  Will it need some extra high heat siliconing before 1st usr or not?

Many thanks!

ModernMan

I have a 5000.  I have no concerns with air leakage whatsoever.  When I close mine down the fire goes out.  The 5000 is very controllable with the new style bottom vent.  I would not hesitate to buy one.  If anything happened to mine, I would replace it with another 5000.   I would however recommend the Tip Top Temp as an accessory for any of the Kegs.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: