Broil King Keg Forum
December 06, 2019, 12:07:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Poll
Question: Vote for your favorite! Voting will be open until Oct 5 7PM MST, prize supplied by Broil King!
1. Hickory Smoked Beef Back Ribs glazed with homemade Asian Ginger Sriracha BBQ Sauce topped with Sesame Seeds and Scallions - RG - 8 (29.6%)
2. First Keg Griddled Diner Burger and Bacon Rounds, Jalapeno Jack, 'Shrooms & Not-So-Secret Sauce on a toasted Pretzel Bun, First Onion Rings, First Prosciutto wrapped Shrimp, Crab & Cream Cheese Stuffed Jalapenos - Shawn W - 7 (25.9%)
3. If you've never tried brisket, the vegetarians have won - Sonny - 4 (14.8%)
4. Beef With Fresh Root Vegetable Medley - Bamabob - 3 (11.1%)
5. First time surf and turf Teres Major and Salmon fillets with kegged baker and 2 hour rolls - YanknRebel - 4 (14.8%)
6. My first throw down and first spatchcock chicken! Nailed it! - FD919 - 1 (3.7%)
Total Voters: 26

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: September 2014 Throwdown: I GOTTA Try That! Congrats RG!  (Read 11740 times)
Shawn W
2x Hero of the Month, 5x Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

« on: September 28, 2014, 07:47:37 PM »

1. Hickory Smoked Beef Back Ribs glazed with homemade Asian Ginger Sriracha BBQ Sauce topped with Sesame Seeds and Scallions

2. First Keg Griddled Diner Burger and Bacon Rounds, Jalapeno Jack, 'Shrooms & Not-So-Secret Sauce on a toasted Pretzel Bun, First Onion Rings, First Prosciutto wrapped Shrimp, Crab & Cream Cheese Stuffed Jalapenos

3. If you've never tried brisket, the vegetarians have won

4. Beef With Fresh Root Vegetable Medley

5. First time surf and turf Teres Major and Salmon fillets with kegged baker and 2 hour rolls

6. My first throw down and first spatchcock chicken! Nailed it!

*Can a mod pls pin this post?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 06:02:02 PM by Shawn W » Logged
BBQRich
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2014, 05:34:29 AM »

I profiled some of these by choice of beverage.

Nice entries everyone.  Now I'm hungry.  Thanks.  Thanks a lot.

Regular Guy
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2014, 05:52:46 AM »

I like the toes below the carrots on the last picture Grin

It all looks really good guys! I would eat at any of one of your dinner tables and be happy happy happy!

What I don't understand is that as I type this there has been 45 views yet there's only 7 votes! That's some kind of messed up.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 07:46:51 AM by RG » Logged
Shawn W
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2014, 11:48:15 AM »

It all looks really good guys! I would eat at any of one of your dinner tables and be happy happy happy!

What I don't understand is that as I type this there has been 45 views yet there's only 7 votes! That's some kind of messed up.

Does it count guest views? I've probably viewed it 10 times myself keeping an eye on things plus I updated it I think three times in the first half hour (typos, somehow missed an entry) then double checked.
Vindii
2X Hero of the Month ~ 2X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2014, 12:12:54 PM »

Many have popped in a few times to view this.  Thats why.  Ive viewed it three times already. 

See post 18
http://smokinitforums.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=oovcf0ho0f6b61ce5v721lodo7&topic=4485.15

They are closed minded idiots (did I just say that?? YEP!) and they can't see the usefulness of other types of cookers.
Regular Guy
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2014, 12:18:53 PM »

I'm not so sure it counts views from the same I.P. address over and over. I've looked at it and refreshed the screen and the view count stays the same, so I think that if I were to look at it a 100 times, with the first time being the VERY first time, that it would not increase 99 times. Does that make sense? LOL
Shawn W
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2014, 12:47:30 PM »

I think you're right. I've been playing with it and can't make it increment, but there might be a time delay aspect from the same IP. I'll keep trying.

One other thing, I think there were 29 votes at the end of the last TD. Only 11 so far for this one. We set it at about 1 week to give folks a chance to view but that also gives time for regulars to think about their vote ... I for one used that time to think about my vote .

« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 07:10:56 PM by Shawn W » Logged
Vindii
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2014, 01:18:08 PM »

The best photo will win more times than not. Its as much a photo contest as a cooking contest.

See post 18
http://smokinitforums.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=oovcf0ho0f6b61ce5v721lodo7&topic=4485.15

They are closed minded idiots (did I just say that?? YEP!) and they can't see the usefulness of other types of cookers.
Shawn W
Superhero Member

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2014, 01:29:00 PM »

Now now, you done did it. You are throwing out disparaging remarks about pics that look better than others! You can't influence votes Shawn, LOL! I got in trouble once for saying that my daughter thought that a hamburger that looked like a turtle was too cute to eat!

AND, if I do recall correctly (and I do BTW), you won the last TD and you had the best looking picture to boot Wink
I thought Steph had the best looking pics from the last round. I was surprised when I won. Not trying to influence anything I was just saying it seems given time to vote, us regulars seem to take time to think before voting.
Skinsandos
Keg Hero of the Month - 8X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

Winter Springs, FL --- Light It Up

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2014, 04:01:08 PM »

Ever since I fired my photographer no wins just saying

Hunt - Fish - Kegvection Grilling
bamabob
2X Hero of the Month ~ 3X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

my dog can't hold her licker

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2014, 04:25:38 PM »

They all look good, great job everyone!

Sometimes you have to go in a circle to reach your destination.
Regular Guy
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2014, 04:54:59 PM »

Michael, you don't NEED any help making your food look great, just saying  Wink

I need all the help I can get, lol.
Shawn W
Superhero Member

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2014, 09:56:58 PM »

It's all subjective I guess. No offense to my own wife but you had the best pic in the last TD. Caj's picture was great too!
ya, I thought Caj's pics were awesome too!
bkk bob
Superhero Member

S.W. Manitoba, Canada

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2014, 07:20:07 AM »

Bunch of grand looking entries,good job chef's.
Vindii
Superhero Member

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2014, 01:12:59 PM »

Looks like each IP can account for 1 view per day.  I was able to make the counter go up a view today but only the first time I viewed today.

See post 18

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: