Broil King Keg Forum
December 13, 2019, 01:33:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A little Kegtoberfest prep - brisket chili and brunswick stew  (Read 1723 times)
Regular Guy
« on: October 05, 2014, 12:31:44 PM »

While watching football I've been simmering some good stuff for the fest. I am going to let it cool then vacuum seal it and freeze it. It'll travel better that way. I think I may need to make more stew but maybe not, depends on how many will show up and how many plan on eating it. As for the chili, I think it'll be enough.

I made a nice mess for Steph to clean up! Shocked Grin
bkk bob
Superhero Member

S.W. Manitoba, Canada

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2014, 12:37:09 PM »

What could be better beer,chili and the game,a little blazing saddles after the chili sets in.
Regular Guy
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2014, 12:37:49 PM »

That's all for y'all! None will be eaten on this end until the fest (must resist!!)
Regular Guy
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2014, 01:22:27 PM »

That reply was typed as BKK submitted his post, notice the time difference of 40 seconds. It's funny as it seems like my post was meant as a reply to BKK! Anyhoo, yeah, that chili is righteous, it might be too hot for Vindii though Smiley Just kidding Vin!

It made a gallon with a little leftover for me for lunch today. I was trying to be good and not eat it but it was calling my name. The stew is about 3.5 quarts. I hope that along with the other grub it will be plenty for everyone to get a good taste of it.
bkk bob
Superhero Member

S.W. Manitoba, Canada

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2014, 02:38:55 PM »

Rg made a big old pot of chili today after viewing your thread used a lb of ground beef and my leftover prime rib cubed up,i even copied ya and threw a little corn in.Ya sure get the smopke taste from that prime rib,may be the best chili i have made to date....now where's the brewskies. Cheesy
Cajunate
4X Keg Hero of the Month - 4X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

Metairie, Louisiana

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2014, 02:43:27 PM »

Alright, I'll be waiting to taste!
Hmmmm...... maybe IF we get a lil more cooler weather down here before Kegtoberfest I just might make a lil chili and bring some for you to taste RG.

"Good grillin' is like good lovin' "
  Just outside of New Orleans
Regular Guy
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2014, 02:44:51 PM »

Rg made a big old pot of chili today after viewing your thread used a lb of ground beef and my leftover prime rib cubed up,i even copied ya and threw a little corn in.Ya sure get the smopke taste from that prime rib,may be the best chili i have made to date....now where's the brewskies. Cheesy
Do you ever smoke brisket? I imagine that it would be even better than the prime rib. As for the brewskies, I use a whole bottle of landshark or corona in my chili, does that count?
Regular Guy
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2014, 02:46:31 PM »

Alright, I'll be waiting to taste!
Hmmmm...... maybe IF we get a lil more cooler weather down here before Kegtoberfest I just might make a lil chili and bring some for you to taste RG.
Don't tease me! LOL!

You know I hounded you for that recipe for a year, I'll gladly give it a whirl!
Cajunate
Superhero Member

Metairie, Louisiana

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2014, 02:49:02 PM »

Do you ever smoke brisket? I imagine that it would be even better than the prime rib. As for the brewskies, I use a whole bottle of landshark or corona in my chili, does that count?

You appear to like that style of Mexican beer. Am I correct? Try to find some Victoria. You'll love it!

If I get a chance I'll try to make some but I hope your expectations aren't too high. I mean it's good but, well...... We'll see if I find time to make some.

Regular Guy
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2014, 02:52:31 PM »

You appear to like that style of Mexican beer. Am I correct? Try to find some Victoria. You'll love it!

If I get a chance I'll try to make some but I hope your expectations aren't too high. I mean it's good but, well...... We'll see if I find time to make some.
If I recall correctly someone owes me some beer Smiley
Cajunate
Superhero Member

Metairie, Louisiana

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2014, 02:57:32 PM »

I was looking at beer for you yesterday. I guess I'll make that part of the deal.  Cheesy

Regular Guy
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2014, 03:00:19 PM »

I was looking at beer for you yesterday. I guess I'll make that part of the deal.  Cheesy
You can help me drink it since both of our teams suck balls this year. I don't know what's wrong with the NFC South. Everybody sucks in this division.
Vindii
2X Hero of the Month ~ 2X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2014, 03:24:10 PM »

I made my brisket and pizza a couple weeks ago. You guys will love it. 

I guarantee that stew ain't as hot as mine was. Not sure why though!

See post 18
http://smokinitforums.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=oovcf0ho0f6b61ce5v721lodo7&topic=4485.15

They are closed minded idiots (did I just say that?? YEP!) and they can't see the usefulness of other types of cookers.
Regular Guy
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2014, 07:08:11 PM »

I made my brisket and pizza a couple weeks ago. You guys will love it. 

I guarantee that stew ain't as hot as mine was. Not sure why though!
Well, you'll have to let me know once you try it. It's only got 2 teaspoons plus 2 shakes of tabasco and black pepper in it. Everything else is sweet or savory.
bamabob
2X Hero of the Month ~ 3X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

my dog can't hold her licker

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2014, 10:22:32 AM »

Never had Brunswick Stew before, can't wait to try it.
Both look very good.

Sometimes you have to go in a circle to reach your destination.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: