Broil King Keg Forum
August 24, 2019, 09:14:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: August 14 Seared Tuna(Again)/ Filet Mignon & Asparagus  (Read 1955 times)
USFMD82
BKCG Hero of the Month

« on: August 15, 2009, 03:18:28 PM »

Im on a BIG Seared tuna kick lately perfect appetizer while we wait for the food to get done, Last night I fired up the "Keg in the Keg"I have also been using Veggie oil lightly soaked paper towels since I ran out of firestarters, and may just continue using them to start my fires, not a cost issue so much as convenience, and hey Im recycling paper towels, I keep a zip lock bag and if the paper towel isn't to gross (meat juices what have you) I throw it in thee drizzle a little bit in there to get a few areas with oil on it (don't saturate the paper towel).

Play by Play with Pictures

Get the keg fired up and the coals nice and hot you can see how concentrated the flame is over that area, still not as pleased with this tuna as I was my first one on the keg, I'm getting there though YOU WAIT! I also added in some pics of my keg before I ever used it in case anyone missed it.

There it is nice and rare with my "Wasabi Mayo". I just take some sushi wasabi and a good amount of Mayo and there you go, and dont worry, this is homemade mayo non of the fillers and crap, If anyone is interested I will post a video of making it so you can do it at home, its so easy and it really tastes good, you just need to learn to get over the mayo having a yellow color (which is normal the commercialized mayo has bleaching agents)

The Filets, well, the asparagus came out good as always.. now the filets were a trouble and a half I typically will get the grill up to 500, put them on and then give them 5-7 minutes flip another 5-7 minutes, the temp doesn't fully recover by then, but that's ok, so far I have not been displeased ever, however this time combined it was a 25 minutes for the filets, they came out great (Mine was the most cooked but everyone elses looked amazing but I couldn't get the keg up  past 350 degrees, Im wondering whats going on.. well. I looked at it today, and found the culprit, of course... I had neglected to empty my ash pan for a while now Smiley my bad!

And there you have it, You can expect to see more food journalism from me, I am just having to much fun with my new toy (Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS1) which just happens to have a "Food setting"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: