Broil King Keg Forum
January 18, 2018, 02:47:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 55   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kegtoberfest 2014.... A Keg Owner Get Together!!! It's HERE!!  (Read 331405 times)
TAURUS BBQ
2x Keg Hero of the Month - 4X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

Niagara Falls, Ontario

Re:
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2014, 09:35:46 AM »

I would do the drive to memphis area...

TAURUS BBQ - Championship Cooking
Eat well my friends, eat well!
TAURUS BBQ
Superhero Member

Niagara Falls, Ontario

Re:
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2014, 09:36:59 AM »

Rich, would you be able to get kegs and charcoal there? You may be able to pre-sell them to participants.

Steph
Hero of the Month - 4X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2014, 11:11:14 AM »

If the fall is not enough notice for peeps maybe the spring.

Stephanie-
Harman
2X Hero of the Month
Superhero Member

Kitchener Ontario, Home of the Keg

« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2014, 06:27:30 AM »

I'm down.

Eccl 9:7 - So go ahead; eat your food with joy, and drink your beer with a happy heart, for God approves of this!
Broil King Keg 4000 and Sovereign 90
Vindii
2X Hero of the Month ~ 2X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2014, 06:38:15 AM »

Im thinking a campground with a bunch of cabins would be the ideal spot.  Something like what Corey linked.  It would be ideal for cooking as there will be power and water available.  If we go with a hotel type setting there might be issues cooking on site?

Wonder if we try to get together this summer yet or just plan one for next summer.  I'm thinking more people would come in the summer when  kids are out of school.

See post 18
http://smokinitforums.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=oovcf0ho0f6b61ce5v721lodo7&topic=4485.15

They are closed minded idiots (did I just say that?? YEP!) and they can't see the usefulness of other types of cookers.
Steph
Superhero Member

« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2014, 06:35:00 AM »

Yes, that would be ideal. That link I posted was actually a whole lodge to be rented so the cooking wouldn't have been an issue but it is too far east anyway, so it wouldn't work. But yes, we need a date and then the amount of people going before moving forward. Where is our Cajun when we need him? Cajunator, please report to the kegtogether thread. Grin

Stephanie-
Vindii
Superhero Member

« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2014, 08:19:05 AM »

Too far east from who!

See post 18
http://smokinitforums.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=oovcf0ho0f6b61ce5v721lodo7&topic=4485.15

They are closed minded idiots (did I just say that?? YEP!) and they can't see the usefulness of other types of cookers.
Steph
Superhero Member

« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2014, 08:29:36 AM »

Too far east from who!
I was thinking about any westerners on here...thinking west Tennessee would be more central to a lot of people than east Tenn.

Stephanie-
Cajunate
4X Keg Hero of the Month - 4X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

Metairie, Louisiana

« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2014, 10:01:11 AM »

I'm here and I'm listening(or rather reading). Since I posed this question about a "Get Together" in 2011 I've felt like I let many down. I'm the kind of guy that likes to do things right and I appreciate that so many are interested in something like this. I want for us to have the best possible event we can have. The problem is it's sort of the chicken and the egg thing. You need to know where and when and I need to know how many and your needed accomodations. Campground vs cabins and or motel rooms. At least a shelter type facility is necessary to gather and grill, eat, drink and cut up.  Grin I'd like to be able to do this where we can grow it and make it an annual event somewhere where we can become familiar with the area and have other things to do. It's much easier pulling something like this off when you are familiar with the area. And at a time of year that is comfortable and enjoyable.
Please bare with me as I am still researching and as soon as I have something I will let you all know. I do hope we end up having something that you will go home and talk about to your friends and family. I need to talk with Rich too.

"Good grillin' is like good lovin' "
  Just outside of New Orleans
Vindii
Superhero Member

« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2014, 10:12:23 AM »

At one point Rich mentioned possibly having it at OMC's warehouse.  I forget if that was in Georgia or Indiana or someplace else?

I think it would be hard to attempt it this year.  Unless we just throw it together and see how it goes and make it bigger and better next year.  I'd suspect we would only have about 20 or so if we tried it this year.  Just a guess though.

See post 18

BBQRich
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2014, 01:36:10 PM »

I've been batting some stuff back and forth with Caj in the background on this - the warehouse venue (Dickson, TN, or Huntington, IN) poses problems because overnights aren't a reality.

Some campground / resort ideas have been in play too.  I'm prepared to get behind this wherever we end up.  Should be fun.

Rich

Vindii
Superhero Member

« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2014, 02:19:44 PM »

I say let not worry about getting it perfect.  Lets just get it done!  Once we do one there will be things to tweak for the next year.  Im thinking if we set it up like a BBQ comp we should be ok.  We need spots with shelter, water, and power. If its not a campground then we need to consider power sources, overnight stays, outdoor cooking, local health dept regs, etc.

Maybe even doing it near a KCBS contest might attract more people?  I'd do a contest on Friday/Saturday and stay for the weekend.

We should keep the conversation in this thread instead of PM's.  Gets everyone's opinion.  Kick around some ideas.

See post 18

TAURUS BBQ
Superhero Member

Niagara Falls, Ontario

Re:
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2014, 03:27:36 PM »

If it is a private event no health regs required.. we are all camping and cooking for each other... unless we serve the public

Suzanne

Netherlands

« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2014, 09:48:04 PM »

Sorry I can't make it.
We were in March/April on Holiday in the USA. It totally shrinks our savings  Roll Eyes Tongue
We have to recover our saving accounts, maybe about a year or two  Lips sealed Grin

2013 Broil King Keg 4000 | 2014 Pre-order Big Green Egg MiniMax
BKK Diffuser Kit | BKK Pizza Stone Kit | BKK Quick Grip Accessory Handle
Maverick ET-732

bkk bob
Superhero Member

S.W. Manitoba, Canada

« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2014, 08:04:14 AM »

Ok guys just come up here to sunny manitoba ,I have acres of camping,bring your guns,kegs,booze.Nearest neighbour a mile away,would never even here the commotion.I have a huge swimming hole,the size of 2 Olympic swimming pools,complete with minnows,ducks and other wildlife.Dont over look the fact that our beer ,more expensive yes,but more powerful,would have ya flat out on the lawn in no time.haha just throwing it out there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 55   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: