Broil King Keg Forum
October 23, 2017, 01:45:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 55   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kegtoberfest 2014.... A Keg Owner Get Together!!! It's HERE!!  (Read 290321 times)
Cajunate
4X Keg Hero of the Month - 4X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

Metairie, Louisiana

« on: June 20, 2014, 09:26:49 AM »

For years now we have been talking about having a Keg owners "Get Together" or a "Kegfest" so to say. In order to organize such an event it takes time(yeah I know.... Years?)and knowing how many would seriously attend. I'm thinking about the central sort of eastern part of the U.S. possibly Tennessee. Ideally I'd like to see this happen in the Fall of this year.

Please let me know the following things.

So, how many of you think you can commit to attending?
Driving?
Flying in?
Bringing Keg or not?
Motel room?
How many days could you get away for? Thinking about Thursday evening through Sunday about noonish and then departing.
Trying to get an idea of what type of place we would need.

It's quite possible some of our past active members might be interested in this so if you still stay in contact with them please let them know.

Alright, It's official!!!
We are booked for the first ever Broil King "Kegtoberfest" at Goose Pond Colony Resort in Scottsboro Alabama for Friday October 24 and Saturday Oct. 25 2014.
Actually I plan to be there October 23-26 and possibly a day earlier or later.

I tried to get them to hold the lodge rooms and cottages for about a week to give people time to make reservations but that was iffy at this point. That said I suggest if you know you are definitely coming that you make your reservations ASAP.

Call Kelly at 256-912-0592 and mention "Kegtoberfest" to make your reservations.

Lodge Rooms....... http://goosepond.org/facilities/lodge/  Single Lodge Room Nightly Rate $72

Cottages....... http://goosepond.org/facilities/cottages/ Cottage Rates March - Oct. Nightly Rate $200 per night

I've reserved the Pavilion are for That Friday and Saturday. It has water and electricity and usually grilling is done along the perimeter edge of the sheltered area. The Lodge consists of six separate rooms and if we as a group booked the whole lodge we could actually have our event in the parking area there. Not sure about running water right there except for in the rooms.

I plan to make a scout trip up there next week to make sure everything is still as I remember it and to discuss any other needs or issues.

If you missed it the link below is for the Goose Pond Colony.

http://goosepond.org/
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 05:10:53 AM by Cajunate » Logged

"Good grillin' is like good lovin' "
  Just outside of New Orleans
Vindii
2X Hero of the Month ~ 2X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 10:33:08 AM »

Not many will be able to advise without a location.  It the chicken egg thing.  Pick a spot first or see who wants to go and then pick one more central too them.

Motels are a must or cabins at a campground.  Some wont come if they have to camp.  Others may want to bring a camper so having water and power hook ups would be a plus.  I'd like to see the the rooms onsite so people dont have to drive back to the hotel at night.

Some may fly in but then how do you bring your keg?  I'd have to drive as I'd need some grills.

Consider lodging that is family friendly.  More may come if they can make a family vacation out of it.

I thought we already had a beer sponsor!

Im in for sure.  I've vote for central part of the country though lie Missouri or Kentucky for obvious reason.

See post 18
http://smokinitforums.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=oovcf0ho0f6b61ce5v721lodo7&topic=4485.15

They are closed minded idiots (did I just say that?? YEP!) and they can't see the usefulness of other types of cookers.
Steph
Hero of the Month - 4X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

Re:
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2014, 11:16:51 AM »

I like the idea of campground with cabins. Maybe Yanknrebel might have some ideas since he lives up that way.

Stephanie-
billsfan
2X Keg Hero of the Month; Mexican Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

Charlotte, NC

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2014, 11:21:19 AM »

I thought we already had a beer sponsor!

Grin

Dan
Cajunate
4X Keg Hero of the Month - 4X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

Metairie, Louisiana

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2014, 12:21:35 PM »

Let's face it, a campground would be ideal especially if they had a pavillion where you could host a party. There may only be so many cabins available and thus motels will be the second option. The fact is that trying to pull something like this together in a short amount of time is difficult when other people probably have things booked a long time ago. It's quite possible that not everyone would be able to make it as what's good for one isn't for another.

Let me throw this out there by stating I'm NOT doing this somewhere convenient only to me!

"Good grillin' is like good lovin' "
  Just outside of New Orleans
K'man
Superhero Member

Newfoundland

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2014, 02:52:39 PM »

I would consider coming from Ontario and probably would drive if in Tennessee otherwise I would likely fly.  I'm not into camping, so a hotel would work for me.  I can be pretty flexible with times.  If I drove I could bring a Keg but likely might prefer not to.  I have a trailer and an Outback do it's doable for me.  Not sure at this point if I'd be coming alone or not. 
Maybe I could pick up a Lientisserie!

So many recipes, so little time.
BSK 5000, TTT,  Maverick 732,
Thermapen, Maverick laser.
Yanknrebel
Chicken Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

You want sauce on that??? --Atoka TN

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2014, 04:43:32 PM »

I can look around and see whats available in this area.  Memphis itself isn't a good choice, but the surrounding areas are much more appealing.  Hypothetical time frame?

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson
Yanknrebel
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2014, 05:45:46 PM »

Caj, sent you a PM with a possible site.

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson
Steph
Superhero Member

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2014, 07:40:26 PM »

This is kinda cool. Although I don't think we know each other that well to bunk with each other. Says sleeps 64.

http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p584277vb

Stephanie-
Steph
Superhero Member

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2014, 08:02:51 PM »

So amazing.

http://www.cabinsforyou.com/plimpton_lodge_cabin_rental.htm

Stephanie-
Yanknrebel
Superhero Member

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2014, 08:03:46 PM »

This is what I sent to Caj.  Guess there is no reason not to share it with everyone
http://www.memphisjellystone.com/index.php
Cabins sleep 6 and there is a group of 7 cabins with a pavillion.  $130/night on weekends $200 deposit/cabin.
Plus there is full facillity RV spots and Tent spots too.  Pool and etc, fun stuff for the kids.  5 miles from Memphis, but out of the "city".  10 minutes to Graceland, maybe 20-25 to the Memphis Zoo.(Very nice Zoo). Beale Street and downtown memphis are about 15 minutes.  Kinda has what we need, I have no Idea about availability.  Thoughts?

Yanknrebel
Superhero Member

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2014, 08:06:52 PM »

Been to Pigeon Forge.  Awesome Scenery, Lots to do. good shopping.

Steph
Superhero Member

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2014, 08:08:56 PM »

This is what I sent to Caj.  Guess there is no reason not to share it with everyone
http://www.memphisjellystone.com/index.php
Cabins sleep 6 and there is a group of 7 cabins with a pavillion.  $130/night on weekends $200 deposit/cabin.
Plus there is full facillity RV spots and Tent spots too.  Pool and etc, fun stuff for the kids.  5 miles from Memphis, but out of the "city".  10 minutes to Graceland, maybe 20-25 to the Memphis Zoo.(Very nice Zoo). Beale Street and downtown memphis are about 15 minutes.  Kinda has what we need, I have no Idea about availability.  Thoughts?
I like that. The only issue I see is making sure we get all the cabins reserved just for us.

Stephanie-
Yanknrebel
Superhero Member

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2014, 08:15:18 PM »

I like that. The only issue I see is making sure we get all the cabins reserved just for us.
Yeah, dont know if we'd need all 7 that are around the pavillion, there are other cabins too.  Those few are just convinient to the pavillion.  Plus I'm sure if we are gonna rent 5 or 6 cabins, we can ask for favors and special consideration.  If we avoid holiday weekends, it may not be that big of a deal.  Maybe we can negotiate a group rate if there are enough of us.

Steph
Superhero Member

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2014, 08:20:07 PM »

The main thing is getting a head count to know what we are dealing with. I am not sure how many people come up to this section of the forum. We may have to move it for more visibility.

Stephanie-
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 55   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: