Broil King Keg Forum
April 21, 2018, 08:42:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tasty Meat BBQ  (Read 23517 times)
Yanknrebel
Chicken Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

You want sauce on that??? --Atoka TN

« on: March 21, 2014, 07:46:55 AM »

Hey yall. Just wanted to give props to the keg.  This spring I was invited to the MBN Invitational as a top 15 Challenger team from last year. It's our all-star game to kick off the year.  There is only one ancillary contest, and for the last two years it has been a "mystery" category.  Last year it was frog legs and peaches.  This year, it was whole chicken, sweet taters and kiwi.  yeah, kiwi.  I ended up turning in Chicken and sweet tater Tacos with slaw and Kiwi salsa. (whole pulled chicken spatchcocked on the Keg).  41 entries from the top pro and challenger teams in the MBN, and the Keg got me a top ten! (Cool.  I know, no pics-didn't happen, but in my defense I was cooking alone, so I ran out of time to get a pic.  Just proves that the Keg is capable of world-class BBQ, even down here in the land of the Backwoods Smoker.   Grin Grin

BTW I finished middle of the pack with 14th rib and 15th pork out of 28 or so.  Those were NOT cooked on the keg.  Hmmmm, maybe I need to change my strategy?Huh

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson
Skinsandos
Keg Hero of the Month - 8X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

Winter Springs, FL --- Light It Up

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2014, 08:01:39 AM »

Very  Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

Hunt - Fish - Kegvection Grilling
Azog
Throwdown Champion - Hero of The Month
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2014, 08:02:55 AM »

Great work Yanknrebel - sounds yummo!

Keg On!
Vindii
2X Hero of the Month ~ 2X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2014, 07:03:32 AM »

Nice job Cory!   Grin Grin

See post 18
http://smokinitforums.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=oovcf0ho0f6b61ce5v721lodo7&topic=4485.15

They are closed minded idiots (did I just say that?? YEP!) and they can't see the usefulness of other types of cookers.
Yanknrebel
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2014, 12:21:28 PM »

Some of you already know this, but we were fortunate enough to get a draw for the Shadetree division of the Jack Daniel's invitational this year. It was this past weekend October 24 & 25. This is an invitational contest, kinda like the all-star game for the pros. On the Shadetree side, it's luck of the draw and we got lucky. We cooked chicken ribs and butt in a KCBS style. A bit of a change for us. It was an amazing weekend, with lots of famous names cooking and lots of distraction from all the crowds and special events. We had a really smooth cook, everything went pretty much as you'd like it to. Gotta give major props to my partner Adam. He did an awesome job of trimming up all the meats, especially the chicken. We ended up 14th overall, with a best of 4th on our chicken box. We got a crap table on our pork box, won the table and only came in 15th. Ribs finished a disappointing 25th. We couldn't be happier with a top 5 at the Jack.
Here's some pics from the weekend and our turn in boxes

Our cook site. Been wanting one of those banners for a long time.

Our view across the Shadetree area

Coolest smoker I saw all weekend

Kegs ready for action. The 2000 is already cooking the butts

Some of the goodies in the gift bag

Shot of the small tent we had the kegs under

Smoke rolling in the Hollow.

Adam trying to stay warm and catching some sleep. It got downright chilly Friday night

Sunrise in the Hollow at The Jack

Chicken box

Rib box

Pork box. This was one of my best pork boxes. Plus it was freakin great.

Want to give special thanks to BBQRich and Broil King for making this possible for us. We are so very grateful for all your support!!

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson
billsfan
2X Keg Hero of the Month; Mexican Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

Charlotte, NC

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2014, 01:05:31 PM »

Looks great. Congrats and I can attest to how good it tasted!

Dan
Vindii
2X Hero of the Month ~ 2X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2014, 02:33:35 PM »

Nice job! Great to see you and some kegs at the Jack! I'm jealous!

See post 18
http://smokinitforums.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=oovcf0ho0f6b61ce5v721lodo7&topic=4485.15

They are closed minded idiots (did I just say that?? YEP!) and they can't see the usefulness of other types of cookers.
Steph
Hero of the Month - 4X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2014, 05:36:30 AM »

Congrats, Corey!! Excellent food!

Stephanie-
Skinsandos
Keg Hero of the Month - 8X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

Winter Springs, FL --- Light It Up

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2014, 05:52:29 AM »

Congrats - that is awesome - what an experience  Cool

Hunt - Fish - Kegvection Grilling
Cajunate
4X Keg Hero of the Month - 4X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

Metairie, Louisiana

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2014, 05:57:12 AM »

Congratulations! Well deserved !!!

"Good grillin' is like good lovin' "
  Just outside of New Orleans
Smokin in Peosta
2X Hero of the Month; 3X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

Smokem if youv'e got them

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2014, 08:53:04 AM »

Way To Go!!

Mike
bamabob
2X Hero of the Month ~ 3X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

my dog can't hold her licker

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2014, 06:26:03 PM »

Congrats Corey, and I'm so glad I got to taste your efforts fresh from the Jack at Kegtoberfest 2014!!
Very good, I feel privileged for the honor, something I'll probably never experience again.
Thank You!!   Wink Wink Tongue Tongue Grin

Sometimes you have to go in a circle to reach your destination.
Yanknrebel
Superhero Member

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2014, 08:29:32 AM »

Be happy to cook for any of y'all anytime.  Glad you enjoyed it!

Yanknrebel
Superhero Member

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2014, 11:54:16 AM »

I don't know if any of Y'all saw this before, but Rich did a blog post about Tasty Meat BBQ and our trip to the Jack.  I was honored to be a part of it.  you can read it here:http://broilkingbbqblog.com/2014/11/11/broil-king-spotlight-corey-schroeder-from-tasty-meat-bbq/.  Many thanks to Rich and Broil King.  This was a great experience!

bamabob
2X Hero of the Month ~ 3X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

my dog can't hold her licker

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2014, 11:19:31 AM »

I don't know if any of Y'all saw this before, but Rich did a blog post about Tasty Meat BBQ and our trip to the Jack.  I was honored to be a part of it.  you can read it here:http://broilkingbbqblog.com/2014/11/11/broil-king-spotlight-corey-schroeder-from-tasty-meat-bbq/.  Many thanks to Rich and Broil King.  This was a great experience!

Nice write-up, interesting.  Great job Corey & Adam.

Sometimes you have to go in a circle to reach your destination.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: