Broil King Keg Forum
December 13, 2018, 07:50:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cinnamon Rolls A.K.A. RG's SWEET BUNS! PIC HEAVY - Recipe Included!!  (Read 37461 times)
Vindii
2X Hero of the Month ~ 2X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2014, 05:55:15 AM »

Ok where the link to the recipe.  I will need to give it a try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's a recipe link in this post.

http://forum.bigsteelkeg.com/index.php?topic=4152.0

Great looking rolls RG.  Those are the best!

See post 18
http://smokinitforums.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=oovcf0ho0f6b61ce5v721lodo7&topic=4485.15

They are closed minded idiots (did I just say that?? YEP!) and they can't see the usefulness of other types of cookers.
Colinbbq
Hero of the Month

Keg

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2014, 08:37:48 AM »

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Regular Guy
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2014, 09:49:20 AM »

It appears that the link to Vindii's recipe is no longer working. Here's the recipe for the cinnamon rolls I made :

1 cup milk (heated approximately 1 minute in microwave)
1/4 cup warm water (110 degrees F.)
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
2 eggs, room temperature and beaten
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup granulated sugar
5 cups King Arthur bread flour
1 tablespoon vital wheat gluten
3 teaspoons instant active dry yeast

Cinnamon Filling (see recipe below)
Butter Frosting (see recipe below)

Mix all ingredients together, I use a kitchenaid with a dough hook, makes life easy. You can omit the vital wheat gluten if you want, I had it so I used it. It makes the dough easier to work with. Once dough is made, let is rise until it doubles. Punch it down and roll into approx 15x24 rectangle. Brush dough with 1/2 cup melted/softened butter and sprinkle cinnamon sugar mixture evenly over it. Cinnamon mixture is 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar and 5 tablespoons of ground cinnamon.

Once dough is buttered and cinnamoned (yeah, I made that word up so sue me!) roll dough starting from long end, don't roll too tightly or dough will pop up from the center as it bakes, some may like that so whatever makes you happy. Once dough is in log form, pinch it and make a seam then cut into 1 to 1.5 inch pieces and place in buttered 9x13x2 pan/dish. It yields 15-21 rolls or so depending on how you cut it.

As you place them in the pan, do not let them touch. They need room to rise, then they will be touching. Cover pan and let rolls rise for an hour or so until roughly doubled in size. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 until a light golden brown. Once baked let cool slightly then apply glaze. Glaze is 2oz cream cheese (room temp), 1/4 cup butter softened, 1 cup confectioners (powdered) sugar, 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract. Mix together until sugar is dissolved.
Regular Guy
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2014, 01:40:22 PM »

Anybody ever go back to their OWN posts and drool? I need to make these again.....SOON!
Vindii
2X Hero of the Month ~ 2X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2014, 01:59:46 PM »

Anybody ever go back to their OWN posts and drool? I need to make these again.....SOON!

Yes!.  It awesome to go back and review.  Some of my old ones are pretty funny!

Some look great.

http://forum.bigsteelkeg.com/index.php?topic=3533.msg23602#msg23602

Some not so much.  I think this is the first pie I made (scroll down a few posts).

http://forum.bigsteelkeg.com/index.php?topic=3702.msg25242#msg25242

Lucky for me I think most of my dumb questions were deleted in the forum crash!   Grin

See post 18
http://smokinitforums.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=oovcf0ho0f6b61ce5v721lodo7&topic=4485.15

They are closed minded idiots (did I just say that?? YEP!) and they can't see the usefulness of other types of cookers.
Cajunate
4X Keg Hero of the Month - 4X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

Metairie, Louisiana

« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2015, 05:11:12 PM »

I'm thinking I need to make some rolls this weekend. Mmmmmmm...........
Jason, those were some of the best!

"Good grillin' is like good lovin' "
  Just outside of New Orleans
Regular Guy
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2015, 06:13:40 PM »

I'm thinking I need to make some rolls this weekend. Mmmmmmm...........
Jason, those were some of the best!

Thanks! if you want to make the ones I served at KFEST, use the recipe here : RG's Cinnamon Rolls

The recipe listed in this thread was my original one I used but the new one that I made for KF is better!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: