Broil King Keg Forum
July 17, 2019, 09:25:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Poll
Question: Vote for your favorite one!  Poll will run until Sunday March 17th at 8:00 PM central time zone.  Winner will be awarded a prize from OMC!  (Voting closed: March 16, 2014, 08:34:32 PM)
1.  Crispy Smoked Pork Belly with Garlic, Parmesan and Herbed Smashed Potatoes with Citrus Infused Quinoa and Red Lentils - Taurus BBQ - 0 (0%)
2.  Boudin stuffed pork tenderloin wrapped with bacon served with drippings caramelized onions, mixed greens topped with goat cheese, and some butter beans - Ronbeaux - 2 (6.1%)
3.  Pulled Pork W/Carmelized Onions, Sharp Cheddar Cheese, and Sriracha Guacamole Sandwich - Smokin in Peosta - 3 (9.1%)
4.  Piled High Applewood Smoked Pulled Pork Sammy & Baby Back Rib Combo - Regular Guy - 6 (18.2%)
5.  Pork Char Sui (also known as 叉燒 or Cantonese BBQ Pork) on a bed of fried rice - Azog - 9 (27.3%)
6.  Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin stuffed with Gruyere, Fuji Apples & Breadcrumbs served with White Cheddar Potatoes, Cornbread Dressing and Prosciutto wrapped asparagus - Mrs. RG - 4 (12.1%)
7.  Basket of Ribs - billsfan - 1 (3%)
8.  Artery Clogger Breakfast Sandwich - Texas Toast, Shredded Hashbrowns, Homemade Breakfast Sausage, Fried Egg over easy, Crumbled Bacon, topped with peppered milk gravy and cheddar cheese  - MissouriDan - 4 (12.1%)
9.  Pork Rib Sliders and Fresh Berries - Big Boston Butt - 2 (6.1%)
10.  Awesome spareribs in homemade rub, brushed with bbqsauce and served with fries - Suzanne - 0 (0%)
11.  Ribs and bacon wrapped jalapeños ,bacon wrapped tater tots, bacon wrapped deer sticks  with jalapeños - bkkbob - 2 (6.1%)
Total Voters: 32

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: March 2014 Throwdown - Pork (Vote Now!)  (Read 20284 times)
Vindii
2X Hero of the Month ~ 2X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

« on: March 10, 2014, 07:21:54 PM »

1.  Crispy Smoked Pork Belly with Garlic, Parmesan and Herbed Smashed Potatoes with Citrus Infused Quinoa and Red Lentils - Taurus BBQ

2.  Boudin stuffed pork tenderloin wrapped with bacon served with drippings caramelized onions, mixed greens topped with goat cheese, and some butter beans - Ronbeaux

3.  Pulled Pork W/Carmelized Onions, Sharp Cheddar Cheese, and Sriracha Guacamole Sandwich - Smokin in Peosta

4.  Piled High Applewood Smoked Pulled Pork Sammy & Baby Back Rib Combo - Regular Guy

5.  Pork Char Sui (also known as 叉燒 or Cantonese BBQ Pork) on a bed of fried rice - Azog

6.  Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin stuffed with Gruyere, Fuji Apples & Breadcrumbs served with White Cheddar Potatoes, Cornbread Dressing and Prosciutto wrapped asparagus - Mrs. RG

7.  Basket of Ribs - billsfan

8.  Artery Clogger Breakfast Sandwich - Texas Toast, Shredded Hashbrowns, Homemade Breakfast Sausage, Fried Egg over easy, Crumbled Bacon, topped with peppered milk gravy and cheddar cheese - MissouriDan

9.  Pork Rib Sliders and Fresh Berries - Big Boston Butt

10.  Awesome spareribs in homemade rub, brushed with bbqsauce and served with fries - Suzanne

11.  Ribs and bacon wrapped jalapeños ,bacon wrapped tater tots, bacon wrapped deer sticks with jalapeños - bkkbob

« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 05:19:08 PM by Vindii » Logged

See post 18
http://smokinitforums.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=oovcf0ho0f6b61ce5v721lodo7&topic=4485.15

They are closed minded idiots (did I just say that?? YEP!) and they can't see the usefulness of other types of cookers.
Vindii
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 07:33:37 PM »

Really awesome cooks guys. I think we might have one that's going to run away!  Should be fun to watch.  Good luck everyone!

Grin Grin Grin

See post 18
http://smokinitforums.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=oovcf0ho0f6b61ce5v721lodo7&topic=4485.15

They are closed minded idiots (did I just say that?? YEP!) and they can't see the usefulness of other types of cookers.
Colinbbq
Hero of the Month

Keg

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 09:04:20 PM »

Ok an other hard decision to make. Looks assume. I keep changing my mind. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Regular Guy
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2014, 10:16:59 PM »

Wow! Nice turn out this go around, love it! There's not a single dish here I wouldn't hammer, nice job everyone! I am up late looking at all of this great food, time to go to sleep and dream of pork LOL.
Suzanne

Netherlands

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2014, 10:25:26 PM »

Wow, what a great entries!! Hard too choose

2013 Broil King Keg 4000 | 2014 Pre-order Big Green Egg MiniMax
BKK Diffuser Kit | BKK Pizza Stone Kit | BKK Quick Grip Accessory Handle
Maverick ET-732

pkadare

Where there's smoke, there's good food cooking!

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2014, 01:05:47 AM »

Everything looks awesome! There's one recipe in particular I'd love to have but I'll wait until the throwdown is over to ask for it.  Grin

Paul
Yes, I know the difference between grilling and BBQing!
Burlington and Bobcaygeon, Ontario, Canada
bamabob
2X Hero of the Month ~ 3X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

my dog can't hold her licker

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2014, 03:16:50 AM »

Wow, fantastic job everyone.  Thanks for hosting Vindii.

Sometimes you have to go in a circle to reach your destination.
Gator
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2014, 03:31:34 AM »

Incredible!  Tongue
billsfan
2X Keg Hero of the Month; Mexican Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

Charlotte, NC

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2014, 03:44:58 AM »

Nice job all

Dan
Harman
2X Hero of the Month
Superhero Member

Kitchener Ontario, Home of the Keg

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2014, 05:00:31 AM »

I'd pig out on all of that. Tongue Great job everyone.

Eccl 9:7 - So go ahead; eat your food with joy, and drink your beer with a happy heart, for God approves of this!
Broil King Keg 4000 and Sovereign 90
TAURUS BBQ
2x Keg Hero of the Month - 4X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

Niagara Falls, Ontario

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2014, 05:09:46 AM »

All fantastic entries! I really shouldn't look at these before breakfast.

TAURUS BBQ - Championship Cooking
Eat well my friends, eat well!
Azog
Throwdown Champion - Hero of The Month
Superhero Member

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2014, 05:44:27 AM »

Wow!

Sent from my BKK

Keg On!
Skinsandos
Keg Hero of the Month - 8X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

Winter Springs, FL --- Light It Up

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2014, 06:44:08 AM »

Spectacular cooks  Tongue

Hunt - Fish - Kegvection Grilling
bkk bob
Superhero Member

S.W. Manitoba, Canada

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2014, 07:00:00 AM »

They all look so good, what to choose.  Huh  Huh This looks like it could be record setting entries for the throwdown?good to see everyone getting involved.
Vindii
Superhero Member

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2014, 08:00:36 AM »

They all look so good, what to choose.  Huh  Huh This looks like it could be record setting entries for the throwdown?good to see everyone getting involved.

I think I recall having one with 17 entries.  It was a bread TD of all things!  I think the prize Rich offered from Broil King has helped up the entries.  It's great to see.

See post 18

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: