Broil King Keg Forum
February 19, 2018, 04:41:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tailgating  (Read 8269 times)
BBQRich
Administrator
Superhero Member

« on: December 07, 2012, 12:41:32 PM »

Hey guys,

Quick question - who on the forum tailgates (be it once or twice a year, or every weekend) - where?  How is the atmosphere?  I know some tailgating is pretty 'family' oriented - everyone gets together, sense of community, so forth; but most of the tailgating research I've come up with so far is based on the hard-partying tailgating idea, maybe a bit less appealing

Just looking for your thoughts.  The tailgating scene in Ontario is pretty close to non-existent - between open container laws, lack of space, and other stingy regulations (fire, cooking, food prep, etc.) it just doesn't happen, which is a shame.

Rich.

TAURUS BBQ
2x Keg Hero of the Month - 4X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

Niagara Falls, Ontario

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2012, 02:28:53 PM »

I have tail gated at the Bills games many times...I would not consider it family oriented though, lol!

TAURUS BBQ - Championship Cooking
Eat well my friends, eat well!
Skinsandos
Keg Hero of the Month - 8X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

Winter Springs, FL --- Light It Up

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2012, 03:16:58 PM »

The two the keg made a trip to Daytona 500 and the Worlds Largest Cocktail Party (FL GA Game) - both times the keg roasted oysters and followed with brats - neither event is kid friendly - very good for dirty old men though

Hunt - Fish - Kegvection Grilling
BBQRich
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2012, 07:19:51 AM »

I've camped at the Michigan June Race for the past three years - I know exactly what you mean Skins.  Some quality Keg usage there - will have to maintain enough manual dexterity to use a camera this year - it was touch and go last year.  Great way to spend three or four days though.

EweJ308

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2013, 05:40:04 AM »

Do you guys take the Keg on the trailer hitch?  I'm curious whether you can grill with it mounted, or if the open lid would bang into a truck tailgate.
BBQRich
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2013, 06:42:01 AM »

/official hat goes on: We don't recommend grilling while attached to a vehicle for a variety of reasons.

/official hat off

- it will fit, and works on most vehicles when moved to the outer mounting hole.  That said, you can't open your tailgate at all, and there may be interference issues depending on the vehicle and backset on the hitch receiver.

billsfan
2X Keg Hero of the Month; Mexican Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

Charlotte, NC

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2013, 07:10:01 AM »

Mine wobbles a bit when it's on the hitch. I wouldn't use it on the hitch.

Dan
Vindii
2X Hero of the Month ~ 2X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2013, 08:10:02 AM »

I cook on mine mounted sometimes.  You need to use the outer hole or it will hit the truck. I'm not saying its safe or smart.  Just that Ive done it.

See post 18
http://smokinitforums.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=oovcf0ho0f6b61ce5v721lodo7&topic=4485.15

They are closed minded idiots (did I just say that?? YEP!) and they can't see the usefulness of other types of cookers.
BBB
2X Hero of the Month; Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

Beer and Bacon

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2013, 08:10:16 PM »

I've ordered my hitch adaptor and look forward to using it soon. I bought my KEG assembled and am not sure how the adaptor works. Is it a lot of work to attach the keg to the hitch?

BBB
smokey
Superhero Member

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2013, 09:19:12 PM »

Just heavy as heck
I've mounted it alone.
Take the grill and fire bowl out to cut the weight down.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

What killed the board? Narcissists
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: