Broil King Keg Forum
January 21, 2018, 01:40:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 8th Floresville, TX Fall Fest BBQ  (Read 13588 times)
jsegura3
Superhero Member

San Antonio, TX

« on: November 19, 2012, 09:11:09 PM »

Ok, so this about a week late. I did my last comp for the year and finally had some good success. 5th in chicken and brisket and surprising 2nd in ribs out of 16 teams. Surprising cause my comp ribs haven't done well at all. I did an entirely new recipe that I didn't get to practice beforehand.  Embarrassed

Here's some pics. A nice TX pasture was my view Fri. and Sat. I did my chicken direct heat on my UDS. Gonna switch to a kettle type grill of some sort next year, the UDS is too bulky to carry around just for an 1.5 hour use.  I didn't get pics of all my turn ins, cause I'm bad at remembering those type of things.

The ribs I didn't turn in, they got a little dryer and darker by the time I took this pic, but you get the idea.

I'm glad I decided to take a pic of the brisket, cause when I opened the box, my slices fell over. I fixed it before turn-in.  No garnish required... IBCA.  Grin

No pic of my turn in chicken, but it turned out like my mid-week practice cook more or less.

I was little bummed cause all 1st place calls got a Yeti cooler, that is until I got called up for Grand Champion!

Had a great time, I can't wait till spring! Practice definitely makes a difference and I'll be ready to up my comp game up a notch... hopefully.
Yanknrebel
Chicken Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

You want sauce on that??? --Atoka TN

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 09:23:09 PM »

Congrats!!  Awesome job!!

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson
Skinsandos
Keg Hero of the Month - 8X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

Winter Springs, FL --- Light It Up

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2012, 04:06:44 AM »

Congrats that is fantastic

Hunt - Fish - Kegvection Grilling
billsfan
2X Keg Hero of the Month; Mexican Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

Charlotte, NC

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2012, 05:04:19 AM »

Great work, congrats

Dan
TAURUS BBQ
2x Keg Hero of the Month - 4X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

Niagara Falls, Ontario

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2012, 05:24:05 AM »

Great job, congrats!

TAURUS BBQ - Championship Cooking
Eat well my friends, eat well!
Vindii
2X Hero of the Month ~ 2X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2012, 05:45:21 AM »

Awesome John. Great job!

See post 18
http://smokinitforums.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=oovcf0ho0f6b61ce5v721lodo7&topic=4485.15

They are closed minded idiots (did I just say that?? YEP!) and they can't see the usefulness of other types of cookers.
Gator
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2012, 06:47:41 AM »

Way to go - congrats!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: