Broil King Keg Forum
August 21, 2018, 11:24:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chicken & Sausage Jambalaya  (Read 10975 times)
Shawn W
2x Hero of the Month, 5x Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2010, 07:43:01 AM »

Looks awesome SB! I love making jambalaya with smoked chicken and sausage
sconner
Resident Keg Mad Scientist

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2010, 08:11:06 AM »

Just wanted to say thanks for the recipie SB 44 Champs!  I made this Saturday and LOVED it.  Although I admit, I used andouille sausage instead of just smoked sausage.  I also chopped up two sorano peppers in it I grew in my garden.  Made a ton!  I don't think I anticipated how much that recipie made.  I've been eating on it ever since!

PS, I smoked the sausage and the chicken....adds a nice touch!

sconner
Cajunate
4X Keg Hero of the Month - 4X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

Metairie, Louisiana

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2010, 08:40:21 AM »

This is the first time I used chicken I smoked on the grill. It does give it a slight smokey taste, which I think enhances the dish.

SB, 99% of the time I make jambalaya I pre cook or smoke my chicken and sometimes the sausage too before cutting it up. It adds a smokey flavor that I love and have gotten many compliments on. Crap! I just gave ronbeaux one of my jambalaya secrets. Grin I may compete against him one day. Oh well, he needs all the help he can get.Lol...........

"Good grillin' is like good lovin' "
  Just outside of New Orleans
SB 44 Champs

Bubba Queing in Thibodaux, LA

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2010, 09:01:04 AM »

Funny this topic was brought back. I am planning on cooking a jambalaya this weekend. I think i will cook the chicken and sausage on the keg for the smokey flavor and i will be breaking in a new outdoor stove i just got. Nothing better than cooking outside and sippin' a few brews.

Bubba Keg
Stumps "Baby" (received 12/23/10)
44 BBQ Competition Team (Future)
Cajunate
4X Keg Hero of the Month - 4X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

Metairie, Louisiana

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2010, 09:17:47 AM »

Funny this topic was brought back. I am planning on cooking a jambalaya this weekend. I think i will cook the chicken and sausage on the keg for the smokey flavor and i will be breaking in a new outdoor stove i just got. Nothing better than cooking outside and sippin' a few brews.

My sentiments exactly. Only thing better is doing it on a cool crisp fall or winter day.

"Good grillin' is like good lovin' "
  Just outside of New Orleans
Boat-n-BBQ
2x BKCG Hero of the Month
Superhero Member

Go fast ~ Cook slow... Marietta, GA

« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2010, 09:43:20 AM »

Ha! I heard someone say the chicken and sausage get smoked on the Keg.  That's good enough to send to recipes.

Boat

BKCG's SN#389 (salt) at the lake  SN#1686 (pepper) On permanent loan to SIL
BSK's SN#5045, SN#6278, SN#6403, SN#6990 (The competition fleet) Powered by BBQ Guru DigiQ's!
KCBS/CBJ   http://www.facebook.com/boatnbbq
Grandpa JD
BSK Hero of the Month
Superhero Member

Charleston, SC

« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2010, 02:52:37 PM »

Awesome, nice job.  Smiley

"To the stars on the wings of a pig."
ronbeaux
BSK Hero of the Month; Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

Zachary, Louisiana

« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2010, 03:15:39 PM »

SB, 99% of the time I make jambalaya I pre cook or smoke my chicken and sometimes the sausage too before cutting it up. It adds a smokey flavor that I love and have gotten many compliments on. Crap! I just gave ronbeaux one of my jambalaya secrets. Grin I may compete against him one day. Oh well, he needs all the help he can get.Lol...........

Is it burnt??
ronbeaux
Superhero Member

Zachary, Louisiana

« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2010, 03:16:30 PM »

Yo Mamma!

Is it burnt??
Strike BBQ

« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2010, 04:58:53 PM »

My arm gets tired looking at a pot of Jumbalaya.  It looks very good. 

BKCG #1725
h00kemh0rns
BSK Hero of the Month
Superhero Member

« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2010, 07:00:44 PM »

I would eat enough of this to make me want to sleep 3 days...

God bless Cajuns.  Smiley

Daniel

BBQ is all the same basic idea.  Throw some meat onto the fire, cover, get drunk, pass out, wake up and 14 hours later, eat.  This is not a highly refined art form.

Keg FAQhttp://bubbakeg.com/bboard/index.php?topic=2013.0
Grandpa JD
BSK Hero of the Month
Superhero Member

Charleston, SC

« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2010, 08:04:05 PM »

...God bless Cajuns.  Smiley

Yes, let's give thanks that the French kicked them out of France, and the Canadians kicked them out of Canada.  Grin  God bless the Creole's too.   Grin

"To the stars on the wings of a pig."
SB 44 Champs

Bubba Queing in Thibodaux, LA

« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2010, 05:38:53 PM »

I'm getting hungry for some Jambalaya. Got everything I need for a batch this weekend. Gonna smoke the chicken and sausage on the KEG and everything else cooked outside. A little dust and grass won't hurt anyone. Will only add to the flavor. Grin

Bubba Keg
Stumps "Baby" (received 12/23/10)
44 BBQ Competition Team (Future)
ronbeaux
Superhero Member

Zachary, Louisiana

« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2010, 05:50:04 PM »

I remember about 12 years ago when I first came to Louisiana going to the House of Blues in New Orleans. I ordered jambalaya. A first for me. It was loud and dark in there and I thought the Waitress said "Careful the plate is hot" you know, like they usually do. What she really said was "Careful the pepper is HOT!" Turns out they top the jamblaya with a habanero pepper and when it's dark and loud, well you get the picture. I bit into it like it was a cherry tomato.......

Is it burnt??
h00kemh0rns
BSK Hero of the Month
Superhero Member

« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2010, 07:27:22 PM »

I remember about 12 years ago when I first came to Louisiana going to the House of Blues in New Orleans. I ordered jambalaya. A first for me. It was loud and dark in there and I thought the Waitress said "Careful the plate is hot" you know, like they usually do. What she really said was "Careful the pepper is HOT!" Turns out they top the jamblaya with a habanero pepper and when it's dark and loud, well you get the picture. I bit into it like it was a cherry tomato.......

Did you spit or swallow? 

Daniel

BBQ is all the same basic idea.  Throw some meat onto the fire, cover, get drunk, pass out, wake up and 14 hours later, eat.  This is not a highly refined art form.

Keg FAQhttp://bubbakeg.com/bboard/index.php?topic=2013.0
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: